Usb to usb charging

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

125cclemon

Usb to usb charging

Post by 125cclemon »

Anyone ever thought of getting the usb part for the battery tender jr and bridging the gap with a male male usb cord to their 2014 125cc buddy?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

As I recall, the standard USB port operates at a max of 5 volts with up to 500 milli amps of current. Probably not going to work for recharging a motorcycle battery. Why are you trying to avoid using a standard 12 volt connector?
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Just a guess, but maybe trying to use a USB solar charger as a battery tender?
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
125cclemon

Post by 125cclemon »

Can do solar in a covered

I am looking for a quick way to plug in my bike in after I park it. To use the screw in part that came with the tender would mess with my floor Matt and have to drill a hole in my battery cover.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

125cclemon wrote:I am looking for a quick way to plug in my bike in after I park it.
Use the 12 V adapter. (on sale for $5 if you don't have one)

http://www.batterymart.com/p-12-volt-ci ... fgodx5UP8w
Attachments
adapter.jpg
adapter.jpg (9.69 KiB) Viewed 675 times
125cclemon

Post by 125cclemon »

Dooglas wrote:
125cclemon wrote:I am looking for a quick way to plug in my bike in after I park it.
Use the 12 V adapter. (on sale for $5 if you don't have one)

http://www.batterymart.com/p-12-volt-ci ... fgodx5UP8w
First off sorry for the typos. I usually don't drink and forum. Second, on my buddy 2014 that cig outlet has been replaced with a USB port.
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

125cclemon wrote:I am looking for a quick way to plug in my bike in after I park it. To use the screw in part that came with the tender would mess with my floor Matt and have to drill a hole in my battery cover.
You drop it out the bottom - no drilling or cutting anything. Use a zip tie or two to keep it in place - do not run it by the exhaust pipe.