NSR and NOT taking sides: Super Tuesday

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

gt1000

NSR and NOT taking sides: Super Tuesday

Post by gt1000 »

So, for the first time ever, I caucused tonight. I've voted in primaries in the past but never had the opportunity to caucus. It was an enlightening experience, sort of like a passionate town meeting.

I know the rules around here and I'm not going to talk politics or take sides. But, I'm just wondering about something. With all the states involved tonight, anyone else here vote or caucus? I'm really curious if others caucused and what their experience was like but, more than anything, I'm wondering if this same passion I'm seeing here in Colorado is being seen in other states.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing the results from California, but it looks like that'll take a while.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
Syd

Re: NSR and NOT taking sides: Super Tuesday

Post by Syd »

gt1000 wrote:So, for the first time ever, I caucused tonight. I've voted in primaries in the past but never had the opportunity to caucus. It was an enlightening experience, sort of like a passionate town meeting.

I know the rules around here and I'm not going to talk politics or take sides. But, I'm just wondering about something. With all the states involved tonight, anyone else here vote or caucus? I'm really curious if others caucused and what their experience was like but, more than anything, I'm wondering if this same passion I'm seeing here in Colorado is being seen in other states.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing the results from California, but it looks like that'll take a while.
As a registered Independent, I cannot vote in the AZ primary. There's been quite a stink about that fact too, with many wanting to vote in whichever Party's primary they wish; so I know the passion you're talking about. About stinkin' time (the passion to vote, not the passion for either party).
The majority is always sane - Nessus
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I realize you're just excited about the democratic process, and I am too, and I hope everyone got out and voted today in the Super Tuesday states.

I've already been asked to delete it, but there's nothing spammy or provocative about it (yet). Please tread very lightly or we'll have to lock/nuke the thread. Thanks, everyone.

I voted today in Chicago, I've never missed an election or primary since I turned 18. We had some machine problems in my precinct, but they seemed to be on top of it. The crabby woman before me was complaining that the precinct workers didn't shovel the vacant gas station parking lot next to the polling place, as if that's their responsibility, so I told them all "thanks for working the election" as I left and that seemed to make a positive impression. Hopefully they ran my ballot through again after I left, ha.

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

illnoise wrote:I've already been asked to delete it, but there's nothing spammy or provocative about it (yet). Please tread very lightly or we'll have to lock/nuke the thread. Thanks, everyone.

Bryan
Thanks, Bryan. That's exactly what I sent to the person who reported the post. As long as it stays apolitical—to the extent possible—it's cool.

SO...

It's definitely an interesting campaign. Maybe the most interesting in my memory because there's still a lot of players on the field.

What also interests me this year is how engaged younger people seem to be. I would think that this crop of twentysomethings would be jaded with the electoral process but that doesn't seem to be the case. If the young folks of this country have decided to get involved (in whatever) en masse, I only regret that I'm now to join them.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

ericalm wrote:What also interests me this year is how engaged younger people seem to be. I would think that this crop of twentysomethings would be jaded with the electoral process but that doesn't seem to be the case. If the young folks of this country have decided to get involved (in whatever) en masse, I only regret that I'm now to join them.
Yeah, especially after the last couple campaigns where the republican nomination was obviously sealed up and the democratic one was decided so early (both conventions were mostly irrelevant in 2004), it's nice to see some actual mystery as to who will get the nominations.

Going back to 88 and 92, though, I was "younger" then (in college, and just out of college and new to the big city, respectively) but I and people around my age (19 and 23) seemed much more involved in both parties at the time. I think the last couple elections were just too heated, with people getting way too worked up over candidates that--in retrospect--were pretty lame choices on both sides, and there was no middle ground so people were a bit turned off.
Last edited by illnoise on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SERIES ITALIA RIDER

Post by SERIES ITALIA RIDER »

Wow... We cant get away from POLITICS anywhere these days... YUK... :cry:
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

SERIES ITALIA RIDER wrote:Wow... We cant get away from POLITICS anywhere these days... YUK... :cry:
S.I.R., It's clearly labeled as NSR and everyone's being polite. If you don't want to read it, don't. If you don't want to see a fight flare up, don't start one.
SERIES ITALIA RIDER

illnoise wrote: S.I.R., It's clearly labeled as NSR and everyone's being polite. If you don't want to read it, don't. If you don't want to see a fight flare up, don't start one.
Ill., Totally being Polite here... My Opinion is "POLITICS", Yuk... :shock: why would you threaten a fight flare up?? I dont like Fights or Fires...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

SERIES ITALIA RIDER wrote:
illnoise wrote: S.I.R., It's clearly labeled as NSR and everyone's being polite. If you don't want to read it, don't. If you don't want to see a fight flare up, don't start one.
Ill., Totally being Polite here... My Opinion is "POLITICS", Yuk... :shock: why would you threaten a fight flare up?? I dont like Fights or Fires...
I guess the point is—and I'm not trying to start anything here or hijack the thread—that if you're not interested and don't want to take part in this NSR discussion, why even post a "Yuk" comment? I agree that the NSR threads on MV are way out of control. But one of the things that bugs me about them is that when people post something fairly innocent (say, about a new Apple product), members rush in to be the first to say something negative or just "Yuk," etc. It's not necessary and will only serve to provoke people.

Bottom line: If you're not interested, best to just not comment at all and stick to the many many threads about scootering and Buddys.

If you want to comment on this or discuss it, please PM me rather than dragging it out any further here. Thanks.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
SERIES ITALIA RIDER

hey ericalm... PM'd you....
FLMINI1048

Post by FLMINI1048 »

gt1000 wrote:So, for the first time ever, I caucused tonight. I've voted in primaries in the past but never had the opportunity to caucus. It was an enlightening experience, sort of like a passionate town meeting.
What exactly is caucusing (sp?)? It is like having an entire primary in just one room with all the voters present? Or is it a forum in that you discuss who would be the better/best candidate for your state?

All I know about caucuses is that when they show caucus results on TV, there are alot less votes than when it is a primary.

Thanks for any info you can provide!
Have a great day!

Mike
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Independents can't vote in primaries here in FL either... so I was out when we held our primary. I'm just glad that the news outlets now have to wait until polls are closed to do any projecting - didn't they make that rule after 2000 or something?

I live in Broward County, so even though I didn't physically cast a ballot, it's totally possible that my vote counted. 8)
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

I can't vote since I am not a citizen, but a Resident Alien for about 18 years now (I know, I know, even the immigration guys at customs, everytime I travel, tell me what I am waiting for to get my citizenship ).
I am actually thinking about getting it simply so I can vote.

Here in MN the turn out was huge and somewhat unexpected. There were some polling areas that got so full people could not find a place to park for blocks.

Me and my wife were discussing yesterday how next term we will caucus with our kids (too young now = too impatient) so they can get a real life civics lesson about the benefits of being in a democracy.

Something about this election is getting people very passionate about it, and the country is the better for it.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
Keys

Post by Keys »

I voted...just like I always have for some 34 years. Here in Yavapai County they were saying that it was close to an 80% turnout of registered voters!!!

--Keys
"Life without music would Bb"
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

FLMINI1048 wrote:All I know about caucuses is that when they show caucus results on TV, there are alot less votes than when it is a primary.

Thanks for any info you can provide!
i caucused in '04 and plan to do so again this saturday. what's it like? well, first off you go to a designated area (at a designated time) based on your party affiliation, congressional district and precinct. people who are interested show up, declare which candidate they are supporting, there's a hand-raising vote count for the different candidates.

if any candidate doesn't get 15% of those present, the candidate does not get any of the delegates. there is a recess time where people caucusing for a viable candidate have time to try to convince those who's candidate was not viable (15% rule) to join with them and throw their support (vote) for their own viable candidate. another vote is taken and the delegates are apportioned to the various viable candidates.

after the delegates are apportioned, there is time alloted to discuss measures the people would like to see put on the party platform, i.e., paid family medical leave (FMLA) or a timetable set for getting out of iraq. those sort of things. lots of discussion and then vote.

there are decidedly less people who show up to caucus than who go to vote (or do a mail-in ballot). it requires you to be actively involved and available during the caucus hours. the process can take as little as one hour and can go much longer based on numbers of people.

keep in mind that for all the hoopla about the massive turnout in iowa (the first state to caucus and ascribe delegates to candidates); in actual fact, it was still only 12% of the general voting population.

but if your state does caucus, try to go. its a true lesson in democracy in action. :)
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

ericalm wrote:
illnoise wrote:I've already been asked to delete it, but there's nothing spammy or provocative about it (yet). Please tread very lightly or we'll have to lock/nuke the thread. Thanks, everyone.

Bryan
Thanks, Bryan. That's exactly what I sent to the person who reported the post. As long as it stays apolitical—to the extent possible—it's cool.

SO...

It's definitely an interesting campaign. Maybe the most interesting in my memory because there's still a lot of players on the field.

What also interests me this year is how engaged younger people seem to be. I would think that this crop of twentysomethings would be jaded with the electoral process but that doesn't seem to be the case. If the young folks of this country have decided to get involved (in whatever) en masse, I only regret that I'm now to join them.
For the record, I thought long and hard before hitting the submit button on this one. I agree wholeheartedly with ericalm about the NSR threads on MV, some border on embarrassing (especially those celebrity-related threads like "Ooh, I spotted Sponge Bob on a GTS today, I'm validated!"). I also know that anything bordering on politics is a leaking powder keg perched near an open flame.

So, I deliberately tried to steer this away from the candidates and towards the process because I saw things last night that really surprised me. And I think it's probably unwise for me to go into details about those surprises because it would be very difficult to do so without being political. Suffice to say, I'm very optimistic about the November election, regardless of who wins. And if this thread does happen to go ballistic I hope the mods will lock it down immediately.

Also, I received an email that I had a new PM but couldn't find it. Am I missing something?

For the person who asked about caucusing, they're the smoke-filled rooms you used to read about in history texts. There's just no smoke anymore. For us, it meant going to a local elementary school and gathering with about 7 other precincts in the auditorium. The precincts are split up and each goes to do its thing, following specific sets of rules that vary by state. Our precinct had about 110 voters. The rules were read aloud, then the agenda was read aloud and then we conducted a live straw poll with show of hands. At that point, you could speak in support of your candidate if you wanted and then there was the actual vote, again by show of hands. With the hi-tech and low tech election problems we've seen lately, this old school environment was a breath of fresh air. After the vote, the winner was announced and delegates volunteer or are chosen. It's archaic, clumsy and complicated but it may have been the best political experience of my life, and I've been voting since the early '70's.

So, again, sorry in advance if this thread crosses any lines. If it does, I'll be among the first asking to have the plug pulled.
Andy

ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

I just feel like a scooter site is an inappropriate place for ANY politics. If its against the rules its against the rules. I get on here to check out scooter related stuff and this just bugs me cause I cant get away from it. Sorry, not a fan of politics

Edit: its not www.modernbuddy.gov, I thought it was funny :P
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ScooterTrash wrote:I just feel like a scooter site is an inappropriate place for ANY politics. If its against the rules its against the rules. I get on here to check out scooter related stuff and this just bugs me cause I cant get away from it. Sorry, not a fan of politics

You can get away from it by simply skipping the thread. Done! :)

As has been stated, the thread stands because it is obviously of some interest to some members and has yet to violate the Guidelines as the Mods/Admins and I choose to interpret them. No one has stated a political opinion or belief. Almost everyone has been mature in handling the topic, keeping it to the "safe" areas for discussion.

We can't please everyone, and as long as the actual content of the posts remains within bounds and the frequency/stupidity of NSR topics doesn't become cumbersome, the forum policy and how it's enforced remains as is.
redcass

Post by redcass »

Thanks for sharing what a caucus is, I had wondered. I voted in the primary yesterday. I'm a registered independent, but in Illinois we are allowed to vote in any party's primary. We also had some local school referenda. The turnout was much higher than it's been in years.

I also find it interesting that some states/parties are winner-takes-all with the delegates, and others are proportional.

Um, what is NSR?
RedCass
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

NSR= not scooter related
poop colored buddy

Post by poop colored buddy »

dude, politics can be pretty lame, but important none the less. If you guys don't want to hear other scooterists opinions on this stuff, just move on. There is a ton of threads here about other stuff that is scooter related, so I don't see the harm I guess In talking about it. Series italias post was just barfing on the whole idea, which is fine I think, I don't see a fight starting from personal opinions, which everyone here seems to respect. This is an interesting post. If you don't like it, move on to another thread.
I have the scoots!
rajron

Post by rajron »

I’m not going to say if I voted or not because it will reveal my party affiliation.

But, what is so cool, is, here in NM we had too many voters!!!!!
So many voters came out that they ran out of ballots! And that was for only one party.

Yea! Yea! Vote! Vote!
SERIES ITALIA RIDER

ericalm wrote:You can get away from it by simply skipping the thread. Done! :)

As has been stated, the thread stands because it is obviously of some interest to some members and has yet to violate the Guidelines as the Mods/Admins and I choose to interpret them. No one has stated a political opinion or belief. Almost everyone has been mature in handling the topic, keeping it to the "safe" areas for discussion.

We can't please everyone, and as long as the actual content of the posts remains within bounds and the frequency/stupidity of NSR topics doesn't become cumbersome, the forum policy and how it's enforced remains as is.
WOW MORE RUDE RESPONSES FROM ADMIN/MODERATORS... YUK!!!!
SERIES ITALIA RIDER

ERICALM doesnt like me, this is a Private Message he sent to me...
I'M LEAVING THIS SITE NOW BECAUSE HE AND "ILLNOISE" ARE SO RUDE

GOOD LUCK AND PEACE TO ALL OF YOU THAT I HAVE COME TO KNOW...
GODSPEED AND SAFE RIDING!!!!!

Inbox :: Message
To: SERIES ITALIA RIDER
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:22 am
Subject: Re: posting guidelines
Okay, here's the thing:

1. The topic was about the political process, not beliefs or opinions. The posters to the thread have been mature enough to keep it very neutral and objective. No one has expressed an opinion on political issues. No one has posted anything which anyone else has had a problem with.

2. You are the only person who has objected, at all, to the existence of the thread.

3. The moderators and I can interpret the guidelines and enforce them as we see fit. We discuss these things amongst ourselves. None of us found anything in the thread objectionable. If/when we do, we will lock or move the thread until a decision has been made on how to deal with it.

4. The members of ModernBuddy have proven very resilient, patient and very good at policing themselves. I do not run the forum with an iron fist and it's my personal belief that the mods and I should intervene only when necessary to remind people of the guidelines or when we feel something has spun so out of control that it must be removed. Case in point: the boyfrind thread, which you reported numerous times. Polianarchy handled the objectionable comments herself. I communicated directly with her and she had no problem with leaving the thread up as it was.

5. (And this is the one to which I would like you to pay the most attention, because my patience is wearing thin and after this I will no longer feel and need to explain myself to you or to indulge you any further.) Your frequent and vociferous objection to threads and posts which you dislike, for whatever reason, is becoming time-consuming and bothersome. You're an irreparable tattle-tale, the MBer who cries wolf while saying the sky is falling. So, again, I'm telling you to simply avoid that which does not interest you. We make it very easy for you to do so. If you have a problem with a thread, just stay out of it. And please desist from reporting every post with which you have the slightest objection. We allow NSR topics because it helps build community and allows us to share other interests. We read every post and step in when necessary. If you have a problem with something, either let it go or do as your fellow members do—set the offending poster straight in the thread in as mature and respectful manner as possible.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Absolutely agree ! :clap:

I am not sure how S.I.R. can feel the adm./mods. are being rude.
If anything, you posting that private (that is what the P on pm means) message from ericalm shows me you have a history and maybe you would be better not participating in the forum.

As he said, it is YOUR choice to read something or not. And since this is a political tread, be thankful you live in a place that allows you to have that choice. Use it !
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

SERIES ITALIA RIDER wrote:ERICALM doesnt like me, this is a Private Message he sent to me...
I'M LEAVING THIS SITE NOW BECAUSE HE AND "ILLNOISE" ARE SO RUDE
Good, thank you. I have enough friends, I don't need you. Plus we were running low on capital letters.

Bb.
bonniebuddy

Post by bonniebuddy »

'''...
Last edited by bonniebuddy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ERik3tb

Post by ERik3tb »

That comment from illnoise was ment to be sarcasm. To emphasize his point the comment about running out of capitol letters was included.

The issue at hand is more then S.I.R. is implying. It's always bad manners to post a PM without the senders approval/consent and this after reading this and the other thread he based that comment on indicate a personal issue he has with Eric.

I don't take sides because I don't know either personally, but this sort of behavior belongs in the grade school. Hence why I rarely post.
bonniebuddy

Post by bonniebuddy »

'''...
Last edited by bonniebuddy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

ericalm wrote:
ScooterTrash wrote:I just feel like a scooter site is an inappropriate place for ANY politics. If its against the rules its against the rules. I get on here to check out scooter related stuff and this just bugs me cause I cant get away from it. Sorry, not a fan of politics

You can get away from it by simply skipping the thread. Done! :)

I was not trying to be an ass, I was just stating a fact. If you allow threads like this it doesn't bother me. Just don't loophole your own rules :lol:
bonniebuddy

Post by bonniebuddy »

'''...
Last edited by bonniebuddy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
louie

Post by louie »

in alabama you can vote for either or any (for possible future reference) party in a primary.

this is a most interestinig thread, a long discussion about the primary without any mention of personal ideology. sorry to see the other hipe though.

over a million people voted in alabama. i can't say how happy it makes me that so many people have voted.
thanks for the info about caucouses. it sounds exciting.
dannyW

Post by dannyW »

i have only been reading for the past few months (since I crashed my buddy, and haven't bought a new scoot).

But I have to chime in and give Eric and Ill props.

they are awesome and supportive,

I love this forum, and once I get my new scoot, I hope to see everyone out on the town!

regards,

Dan
Bethers

Post by Bethers »

After seeing the other post, had to come find this one.

Yes, I voted - and I'm glad to learn more about the Caucus system - as I've lived in several states, but none that used that method, and never really understood it.

Eric and mods - well-handled. I'm sorry to see that the pm you sent, Eric, was posted, but notice that the pm that was first sent to you was not. And I'm amazed that you didn't simply delete those posts.

Kudos to the forum for being here - and I have the choice to read or not read threads.

And I found the focus of this thread interesting that I am glad to have read it - although without the sideline posts would have been even better.
Beth
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

And... gt1000, sorry your whole thread go hijacked. That was exactly what I had hoped to avoid by moving the discussion to PMs. Sigh. Best laid plans...
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

ericalm wrote:And... gt1000, sorry your whole thread go hijacked. That was exactly what I had hoped to avoid by moving the discussion to PMs. Sigh. Best laid plans...
I'm sorry too, i'm an ass
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

ericalm wrote:And... gt1000, sorry your whole thread go hijacked. That was exactly what I had hoped to avoid by moving the discussion to PMs. Sigh. Best laid plans...
If anyone should be apologizing it's me. I just PM'd Eric and Illnoise because I felt bad for wasting their time. I really didn't want to add more irrelevant stuff to this thread but this quote gives me a small opening.

I'm always talking about unintended consequences. For example, you go out of your way to let someone turn in front of you at an intersection and somebody rear ends you. I posted knowing there was a risk the thread would get nuked but I never thought through the scenario that wasted Eric's and Illnoise's time. So, sorry to all of you for that.

And, for the record, I really did enjoy reading about others' experience at the polls. I'm not optimistic by nature but I feel good about more than one candidate this year. I think that gives us all a fighting chance.
Andy

FLMINI1048

Post by FLMINI1048 »

illnoise wrote:Plus we were running low on capital letters.
I don't care who you are....that's funny!

And thank you, GT, for explaining the caucus process. Sounds like an interesting way to spend a few hours.

Thanks, admins, for allowing this thread to remain open, regardless of the feelings of a few bad (rotten?) apples.
Have a great day!

Mike
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

FLMINI1048 wrote:I don't care who you are....that's funny!
Thanks. I was actually feeling pretty bad about myself when "Bonnie" called me to task, but now that I know that was S.I.R. in disguise, I feel another "Bite Me" is in order, ha.

Thanks for appreciating my really stupid and ill-timed sense of humor.

I'll shut up now, sorry Eric, gt1000, and everyone else, S.I.R. just brought out the worst in me. I'll try to be more civil.

Bb.
redcass

Post by redcass »

jmazza wrote:NSR= not scooter related
Thanks Joe!
RedCass
redcass

Post by redcass »

rajron wrote:But, what is so cool, is, here in NM we had too many voters!!!!!
So many voters came out that they ran out of ballots! And that was for only one party.
Dude! That is awesome!!! :o
RedCass
ERik3tb

Post by ERik3tb »

My concern in all this, particularly when I hear about running out of ballots is voter fraud.

There were a few articles coming out of Chicago about people being given plastic rods to write with and told they were pens with invisible ink.

Last election cycle similiar things happened in Oregon and Washington state as well.

I wonder if we don't need a nationwide standardized way of doing it. Besides the Diebold machines since they bring so much controversy with them.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

ERik3tb wrote:There were a few articles coming out of Chicago about people being given plastic rods to write with and told they were pens with invisible ink.
That was limited to, IIRC, 20 voters, and from what I heard, it just sounded like some batty old election worker just had no grip on the technology. They're all getting up there in years where I vote, too, I should volunteer. In any case, the ballots had the voters names on them and they were all contacted by phone and given the opportunity to revote.

It was lame, yeah, but it wasn't fraud.

Our machine was having issues, too. I like that there are varied ways of voting, it reduces the damage that the failure or hacking of one specific system would cause, but yeah, it needs to be looked at and cleared up a bit.

What's bugging me is the arcane, diverse, and unregulated ways the caucuses and primaries work. They're not a federal election, so I guess they can do whatever they want in theory (Howard Dean could name himself the democratic candidate at the convention and there's nothing anyone could do about it legally, he's breaking Democratic Party rules, not national laws). I could live with that, but the primaries (not sure about caucuses) are generally paid for with public funds and tied into "real" elections, so there should be a bit more accountability and clarity there, I think.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I live in OH- I wish we could caucus! It sounds like fun. I swear I get so excited by this stuff. We can only vote in our registered party in primaries. This time our vote may even count - our primary is March 4- it is usually a done deal by then, but this time, not so. Maybe on topic, scooterists seem politically active? Can we ride to a primary? I hope so. I lived in FL for many years and now OH, so I have had my share of the shame of election " irregularities" being focused on my home state .
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

peabody99 wrote:I live in OH- I wish we could caucus! It sounds like fun. I swear I get so excited by this stuff. We can only vote in our registered party in primaries. This time our vote may even count - our primary is March 4- it is usually a done deal by then, but this time, not so. Maybe on topic, scooterists seem politically active? Can we ride to a primary? I hope so. I lived in FL for many years and now OH, so I have had my share of the shame of election " irregularities" being focused on my home state .
have no fear, peabody99. your vote will definitely count. this year its all about the delegate count. many of the pundits are saying ohio may actually decide it. :) so, take heart!
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
ellen

Post by ellen »

I'm registered Independant too.. I could have voted here in CT, I had until monday to go the town hall and change my party affiliation, but figured I would let them hang till election day. :wink:
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

scullyfu wrote: have no fear, peabody99. your vote will definitely count. this year its all about the delegate count. many of the pundits are saying ohio may actually decide it. :) so, take heart!
Scary! truly scary.
rablack

Post by rablack »

Texas has its primaries on March 4 as well. You don't "register" as a member of a party here - you simply vote in either primary (but not both). It will be novel to have the chance to actually affect the outcome.
Scooterist, lawyer, double bassist www.traveler-music.com
redcass

Post by redcass »

rablack wrote:Texas has its primaries on March 4 as well. You don't "register" as a member of a party here - you simply vote in either primary (but not both). It will be novel to have the chance to actually affect the outcome.
I'm guessing that means you have lots more excellent TV ads than usual!

Everyone concludes with "my name is blahblah and I approve this message." :roll: I think they have to say that for every ad in IL. Do they do that in other states?
RedCass
FLMINI1048

Post by FLMINI1048 »

redcass wrote: Everyone concludes with "my name is blahblah and I approve this message." :roll: I think they have to say that for every ad in IL. Do they do that in other states?
Yep, that's required by federal law so every state gets the disclaimer.
Have a great day!

Mike