Scooter Luggage

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

R50Rider

Scooter Luggage

Post by R50Rider »

I transferred my old "Rally Packs" from my Suzuki to my Roughhouse today. They are typical Sport Bike style side packs that mount "over the top" and are of textile construction. They are similar to the Dowco Rally Packs they sell currently (less than $100) but have reflective stripes down the side. That being said I don't know if the strap configuration on the new ones is the same as mine. I was successful figuring out how to mount these packs without causing any problems with the exhaust pipe, reflectors, turn signals, gas cap, or seat lock. In general nothing gets loose, hung up, snagged, blocked, or burned. They work great with moderate loads. . .the heavier stuff gets put under the seat which helps keep things in balance. I can still use the kick starter. An added benefit to having these installed is that the scooter now has a more substantial presence on the road and perhaps will be more easily detected by the visually impaired. . .for whatever reason they may be visually impaired. :helmet: