My new PCX150

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bigmike7801

My new PCX150

Post by bigmike7801 »

Just had my new 2016 PCX150 delivered. I liked my Buddy for the short while I had it, but this scooter definitely fits my stature much better.

Image[/img]
mike932

Post by mike932 »

That used to be my dream scooter, but then I realized that I prefer a flat footboard so I can move my feet around during long ride. I also like a flat seat so I can sit way back.
bigmike7801

Post by bigmike7801 »

mike932 wrote:That used to be my dream scooter, but then I realized that I prefer a flat footboard so I can move my feet around during long ride. I also like a flat seat so I can sit way back.
It was between this and a Zuma 125. The problem with the Zuma for me was it was just lacking the power.
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

It looks like it'd be a blast to ride. Looks sharp.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Did you also consider the Yamaha Smax? if so, I am interested in what tipped your decision in favor of the PCX.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Nice!

I've heard good things about the PCX, and am a Honda fan in general.
I love my buddy, but a PCX would be just fine.
FromHereToThere

Post by FromHereToThere »

Dooglas wrote:Did you also consider the Yamaha Smax? if so, I am interested in what tipped your decision in favor of the PCX.
I was thinking the same thing. Brand loyalty plays a part many times. A Honda is a Honda is a Honda.....................
PGO makes great scooters. That is all.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

The PCX is a champ. I put over 800 miles on a rental one in Southern France. It was a great little lane splitter and held up well at elevation.
Edit: it's tall, look at my feet. I can touch more ground on my BMW
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (37.01 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
bigmike7801

Post by bigmike7801 »

Dooglas wrote:Did you also consider the Yamaha Smax? if so, I am interested in what tipped your decision in favor of the PCX.
Yes I did consider the Smax. The problem was the way the seat sat, it made my knees practically hit the handlebars.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

That's the drawback of the SMax. It definitely isn't made for anyone over 5'10".
smithbaltimore

Re: My new PCX150

Post by smithbaltimore »

bigmike7801 wrote:Just had my new 2016 PCX150 delivered. I liked my Buddy for the short while I had it, but this scooter definitely fits my stature much better.
What are your riding impressions? Mileage, pickup, handling, complaints, etc.
toot

Post by toot »

I have had a PCX 150 since 2013. I have ridden all types Vespa Genuine Piaggio etc by far this handles the best. It blows cars off the line. You can take to the most technical twisties and doesn't miss a beat. Gets 100mpg. Almost the perfect scoot until you get to 60 mph. Then you wish you had a little more. 250cc Honda same body and weight I would trade it in. Forza is just not the same. My 2 cents. Please ride safe everyone :D
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

toot wrote:I have had a PCX 150 since 2013. I have ridden all types Vespa Genuine Piaggio etc by far this handles the best. It blows cars off the line. You can take to the most technical twisties and doesn't miss a beat.

And you prefer a PCX to a BV350?!? Now, that is saying something.
toot

Post by toot »

BV 350. Was just too heavy for me. Was a great scoot but not for what I wanted to use it for. All scooters gave a place. You must decide for yourself what you Re going to use it for mainly. I love the twisties. I have scoots that handle my needs if a commuter is what you need then you ant beat the BV350.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

toot wrote:BV 350. Was just too heavy for me. Was a great scoot but not for what I wanted to use it for. All scooters gave a place. You must decide for yourself what you Re going to use it for mainly. I love the twisties. I have scoots that handle my needs if a commuter is what you need then you cant beat the BV350.
I found the BV350 to be the best handling scooter I have ever ridden. I agree that it's place is mostly on higher speed and longer distance rides.