Scooter Cover

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Camperdog

Scooter Cover

Post by Camperdog »

What are my options for a good quality cover for a Hooligan?

Does Genuine recommend/ promote a particular brand?

I had one for my LX. Made a real difference.
paracer

Post by paracer »

Indoor? Outdoor? In a secure area? Parked on the street?

I park on the sidewalk outside of an urban home. My cover needs to keep spiderwebs from appearing overnight. It also needs to be cheap enough to replace when it walks away.
Camperdog

Post by Camperdog »

I park under a carport at my residence. During the winter months, it's in an unheated wooden structure.

Wondering if the matte finish will get buffed up in spots where the cover comes in contact?
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Dowco guardian. Some of the best covers on the market.

Make sure to fill out the warranty card and mail it in. If the cover ever fails. They all do eventually. You get a new cover free one time.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
giddyup98

Post by giddyup98 »

Where's the best place to buy them? Also, what size fits Buddy? Thanks!
2009 Genuine Buddy 125
2012 Genuine Buddy 170
2005 Vespa GT 200
Camperdog

Post by Camperdog »

giddyup98 wrote:Where's the best place to buy them? Also, what size fits Buddy? Thanks!
What he/she said
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

Prima has one specifically sized to fit the Buddy series scooters. This is the one available through Scooterworks: https://www.scooterworks.com/Prima-Scoo ... 11250.aspx. It is also available from a number of other online sources including Amazon.com as well as your local Genuine dealer. I bought this one about 2-months back from my local dealer and it was about the same cost as the online sources.

This one may also work with the Hooligan although it might be too small. I also saw that Prima has one for Vespas which seems to be a little bit bigger.
giddyup98

Post by giddyup98 »

I found this sizing chart on ebay. Looks like I need a large since my Buddy has a windshield and trunk. I just ordered two of them off Amazon for less than $44 each. Free shipping with Prime.

Camperdog wrote:
giddyup98 wrote:Where's the best place to buy them? Also, what size fits Buddy? Thanks!
What he/she said
Attachments
dowco.jpg
dowco.jpg (36.04 KiB) Viewed 900 times
2009 Genuine Buddy 125
2012 Genuine Buddy 170
2005 Vespa GT 200
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

giddyup98 wrote:I found this sizing chart on ebay. Looks like I need a large since my Buddy has a windshield and trunk. I just ordered two of them off Amazon for less than $44 each. Free shipping with Prime.
My guess is that the large scooter covers will totally swallow your Buddies whole with room to spare. The one that I got that was "sized" for a Buddy or Roughhouse has a zip out top-case pouch and has room for a windshield as long as it's not too tall. Hopefully the version that you get works for you.
giddyup98

Post by giddyup98 »

If they're too big for my Buddies, I can always use them on my Kymco Likes.
2009 Genuine Buddy 125
2012 Genuine Buddy 170
2005 Vespa GT 200
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

giddyup98 wrote:If they're too big for my Buddies, I can always use them on my Kymco Likes.
That works too! ;-)