Got One!

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Driller

Got One!

Post by Driller »

I have been looking for a 2t Stella for a while with some tuning and tinkering in mind. Finally, one popped up and the trigger was pulled. Maybe the desire for a scooter that shakes like a nervous dog when idling, goes ring ding ding and smells of bean oil is really an attempt to reclaim a misspent youth.
This is what started my love for motorized two wheel fun...

It was the ultimate freedom machine for a 14 year old. So many adventures and fond memories with three speeds and a whopping 4.8 hp. :twisted:

So, after many motorcycles and scooters it has come full circle...

It is a 2007 and came with 3200 miles on the odometer. Cosmetically it is fine. Despite a grimy engine it runs well and does not appear to have suffered any soft seizes. A weep of oil appears to be coming from the case near the drain plug that will need attention. New tires are on order.
The Stella is indeed an improvement over the old Cruisaire with an extra gear and a couple of extra ponies under the hood. Having brakes that actually work ok is nice as well.
Compared to other scooters I have had it is no hot rod. However, the nimble handling and light weight allows you to have a fun time in the saddle. Someone once said "it is sometimes more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow". The Aprilias in the stable can satisfy the need for speed. :wink:
I can tell the engine has more to give and efforts to uncork it will follow.
Cheers!
"My name is Mike. I suffer from multiple bike disorder."
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

I hate that color, but love the bike.
Congrats and have fun with your new ride.
Keep us posted on your 'go fast' efforts.
On my 08, I just put on a 226 exhaust and re-jet.
It got good fast after that.
Good luck.
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics