Stella Automatic stuck in gear, won't start in "first&q

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KidA001

Stella Automatic stuck in gear, won't start in "first&q

Post by KidA001 »

I have a 2014 Stella Automatic. It has about 1800 miles on it.

All of a sudden the other night I came to a stop and the bike was shaking. When I started to accelerate it was incredibly shaky and could barely get moving. Eventually after it gets up to a certain speed it's fine. It's as if it's stuck in second and won't automatically downshift.

Has anyone had this problem before? It's basically un-rideable at this point. Wondering if it's something simple I can fix, or if anyone has some clues?

Appreciate any advice
KidA001

Post by KidA001 »

anyone???
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Sounds like a belt/variator/clutch issue. I'd recommend taking it to your scooter dealer and have them take a look at it.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
BigDaddy SnakeOiler

Post by BigDaddy SnakeOiler »

Your bike has a CVT...Continuously Variable Transmission...it doesn't have gears as you think of them.
If you're mechanically inclined at all, it's not that hard to work on it. But if you have doubts and especially if it's still under warranty, you should take it to your dealer.
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddyOTR/">
Big Daddy Scooter Bum Blog</a>
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddy.snakeoiler">
BigDaddy on FaceBook</a>
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

I've seen a roller break apart on an Auto before - it's probably that.
KidA001

Post by KidA001 »

dasscooter wrote:I've seen a roller break apart on an Auto before - it's probably that.
Finally got to talk to a repair shop. They said the same thing, roller or pulley in the transmission.

I'm pretty handy, but not sure I have the time to take it apart. Probably going to bring it to a shop :\

He wasn't surprised that it happened at 1800miles, which blows my mine, still seems brand new to me...
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

The highest mileage Auto I've seen was a little over 5,000mi and it was about ready for the scrappers. I haven't seen that one in a long time so it must be kaput.