hi! I'm new here (Plano TX, near Dallas)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Christy

hi! I'm new here (Plano TX, near Dallas)

Post by Christy »

Hey guys! I'm excited to have finally decided to upgrade my chinese clone to one of the new International Buddy's! Specifically I'm liking the Pamplona, or possibly the St. Tropez.

Well, I've not bought (or ridden) a Buddy, yet...I have to wait until our rental house (which is on the market) sells. And I suppose it works out since they aren't available yet anyway.

I'm curious about a couple of things. The website doesn't have measurements of the Buddy. I'm assuming the new 150's will be physically the same dimensions as the 125? Can anyone tell me the length and width of the scooter as well as the seat height?

I have a garage so my scoot won't be sitting out much, but IF the scoot is outside during rain, does the inside basket hold water?? or does it drain?

I've never ridden one, but I have ridden several other scooters...can anyone tell me if it handles similarly to another scooter and if so, which one?

I know I need to test ride it before buying, but I am so excited about finally choosing (i was tossing up a 250 for a long time) that I'm practically ready to buy without riding. LOL.

I'm happy to be here and meet all you guys!
shark

Post by shark »

From the owners manual:
Overall Length: 1710mm
Overall Width: 645mm
Overall Height: 1060mm
does not give seat height

The 150 will be the same dimensions as the 125.

Welcome to the forum...
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

i think that the seat hight is about 28 to 29 in. and the new 150 is from what i here from scooter works is that is VERY FAST!! but i too am waiting to get my scooter the plamloma. this will be my first scooter in more that 18 years i had a razz back in the day. so welcome and good luck!! bye the way is it warm in dawn there inTX. its about 25 and snow :cry: up in the great wight north of michigan.
Christy

Post by Christy »

Thanks Shark!

Justscootin, Today it IS warm...75ish. Tomorrow is more of today, but we're still getting lows in the 30's and just last week we had a HIGH in the 30's. So I don't think we're out of winter just yet. Unfortunately.

I'm loving today's weather so much in fact that as soon as I finish lunch I'm going out for a long scoot! It's just too pretty not to take advantage of it!
shark

Post by shark »

justscooten wrote:bye the way is it warm in dawn there inTX. its about 25 and snow :cry: up in the great wight north of michigan.
It's suppose to be 82F+ here today..... :D ..really weird!! :shock:
coopdway

Post by coopdway »

Welcome to the forum Christy and hope that you find a Pamplona. I saw my first one Friday night at the Mpls. show and it is one of my favorites of the 150's too.

Keep us up to date on what you find.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Welcome from another Buddyless-for-the-time-being North Texan!

~Ken
The road through Life is long and rough. Bring plenty of beer.
twharton

Post by twharton »

Hi Christy and welcome. You're going to love your Buddy.

I have a 2006 Buddy with a Prima pipe on it. It's a 125cc. I can guarantee you that the 150 will satisfy your need for speed and power.

The 125 is a little rocket. I'm 6' and 190 and it will get up to 55 (clocked not speedo) with me in about 20 seconds. Other than a new pipe the best speed upgrade you can make is a windscreen which simply improves the aerodynamics.

I also have a Vespa "shifter" which is more fun to drive buy my wife and teenage girls absolutely love my Buddy. Mine is so pimped out it's just obnoxious but everyone smiles when they see it but no one as much as the driver. 8)

They didn't have have any of the series when I bought. I'd have to go for the Pamplona myself. Do I need 3 scooters?

Enjoy.

Tom
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Welcome! As an exiled Texan, it always makes me happy to see so many new scooterists in the DFW area. Scooters were a rare sight back in the day.

I used to rock the 817. Now I'm in the 818. I'm hoping the 819 isn't somewhere cold.
twharton wrote:Do I need 3 scooters?
Probably not, but I might. In order to help you decide I'll take the PX off your hands. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Christy

Post by Christy »

Thanks you guys! I'm really (really REALLY) excited about getting a new scooter. It's still something that is at least a month away, but I'm happy to have chosen the scoot and happy to have a great resource like modernbuddy...Plus all the scooterists in my area that I can ride with.
redcass

Re: hi! I'm new here (Plano TX, near Dallas)

Post by redcass »

Christy wrote:I'm happy to be here
(sing-song)

Christy's on modern buddy, Christy's on modern buddy...Yay!

:clown:

Good to see you here!
RedCass
Christy

Re: hi! I'm new here (Plano TX, near Dallas)

Post by Christy »

redcass wrote:
Christy wrote:I'm happy to be here
(sing-song)

Christy's on modern buddy, Christy's on modern buddy...Yay!

:clown:

Good to see you here!
thanks, Its good to see you here too! (I thought that was your avatar)
Syd

Post by Syd »

ericalm wrote:...I used to rock the 817. Now I'm in the 818. I'm hoping the 819 isn't somewhere cold...
Eric,
Stay where you are! http://www.whitepages.ca/maps/QC
The majority is always sane - Nessus
shark

Post by shark »

Syd wrote:
ericalm wrote:...I used to rock the 817. Now I'm in the 818. I'm hoping the 819 isn't somewhere cold...
Eric,
Stay where you are! http://www.whitepages.ca/maps/QC
I'll second that...Stay where you are...
bonniebuddy

Post by bonniebuddy »

new here in houston too
i'm bonnie and have had my 2007 125 since august
aerogirl7

Post by aerogirl7 »

Welcome!! You'll love the Buddy...it's one great scoot.
I have the 2007 SI and couldn't be happier...although I am jealous of the upgrades they put in the '08.
At midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper. ~Roman Holiday