MOTODynamic LED sequential tail light on 110 rattler

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

vmaxrattler110

MOTODynamic LED sequential tail light on 110 rattler

Post by vmaxrattler110 »

https://www.motodynamic.com/ducati/led- ... ke-v2.html

Update.*** According to motodynamic, all we need to do to make this tail light work on the running light circuit is to provide 12v dc to that wire. I've looked at the diagram and we can tap in to the key switch and use the orange wire to get 12v dc straight from the battery. The light is protected from overvoltage and no other resistors are necessary.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This tail light is very high quality and with this mod to the running light it will work perfectly! Go grab one in clear or smoke!

Below is the problem I was having but have since answered my own question.

I know somone has had this though their thread never gave an adequate result in operation as the running light flickered something terrible just as mine did.

Can somone check and refify the rear running light is running straight ac from the stator. I own this ducati tail light now and it does the exact same thing with filckering and cutting in and out at higher rpms. I've been in contact with moto dybamic and they are doing great work trying to help me figure things out.

If it is AC the running light taps off of then the guy is surprised it even lights up. I checked voltage and I'm getting less than a volt DC so I assume its not DC. Wire diagram shows what looks to be non dc power going to the low beam and rear running light.

The blinkers and brake light register the proper voltage and work without flickering at all.

Has anyone figured out how to connect the rear running light to the dc power down stream of the key (which is 12v dc orange wire) and reduce it to 10.8- 8.4 volts....?

That is what I've determined to be the solution. Unfortunately I'm not much better at electronics than that and am getting worn out on this. Can someone confirm based on the wireing digram that we are running ac on the low bean and rear running light (stock rattler 110/50cc)..