blur or buddy? help

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

justscooten

blur or buddy? help

Post by justscooten »

ok i just to my local scooter shop about the new 08 buddys and i asked about the blur and they said the have one 07 black/grey blur left. at a good deal about 3,800 and a helmet out the door. what to do what to do?????? i wanted a blur till it was said that no new ones for 08 and i picked the buddy plamlona150 now i can get a blur man .. what do you all think?
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

I choose a blur for a few reasons. You can read my write up on my blog at:
http://www.windmeadow.com/node/50

I got my 2006 Blur for $2,500 and had a different dealer offer me a 2007 Blur for $3,350.

Unless you want the retro look of the Buddy, I would say get the Blur.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

I would say the Blur, but it really depends on what you are looking for. Sportier style and performance vs. classic lines and sporty.

I originally was planning in getting the Buddy, but once I saw it and a Blur at the same shop, I know it would be the Blur: bigger tires, rear disk, stiffer frame and all the things that make a Blur different than a Buddy.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

BTW, $3,800 seems high. My dealer had the 2007 at about 3200+tax, lic, reg (about another $200). I think he still has one left, but you are probably 10 hrs away from us.
FYI
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

well i called them back and told them to hold it . i have to send in a deposit. man it feels good to have the decision made i have been pooring over anything and every thing scooter if its from genuine. and i cant wait to go get it if all gos well ill go get it this sat. on the out side next weekend at the latest. now can you still get parts for the blur? pics to come soon!!! :D
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Yeah, $3800, even OTD, seems kinda high for a leftover example of a discontinued scooter. Don't get me wrong, I <3 the Blur, but that's a lot of money for a 150cc scooter.