A look inside the Znen scooter factory in China

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

babblefish

A look inside the Znen scooter factory in China

Post by babblefish »

Thought this might be an interesting view inside the workings of a Chinese scooter factory. I'm not approving or disapproving China made scooters, just sharing. Having said that, look at the questionable weld quality on the frames at the beginning of the video. And I get the distinct feeling that the uniforms the employees are wearing were handed out to them just before this video was made then taken away afterwards; they look just a bit too new and crisp. Just my opinion though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gglh6WPmssw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

In fairness, I think there are Chinese factories and there are Chinese factories. The Chinese are capable of building cheap stuff to a price, and you can see quite a bit of that at Harbor Freight. They are also capable of building to defined quality standards. Scooters built in China for Japanese or European brands can be quite good as evidenced by the 3V Piaggio Fly 150, for example.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Dooglas wrote:In fairness, I think there are Chinese factories and there are Chinese factories. The Chinese are capable of building cheap stuff to a price, and you can see quite a bit of that at Harbor Freight. They are also capable of building to defined quality standards. Scooters built in China for Japanese or European brands can be quite good as evidenced by the 3V Piaggio Fly 150, for example.
Agreed. They, like any other manufacturer in the world build to a price point. If one wants a $1 widget, they'll make a $1 widget - or they can make a $1000 widget. The only thing that is of concern is consistent quality control, but they are making good strides toward that goal.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.