New '17 Buddy Eclipse

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

coolrays

New '17 Buddy Eclipse

Post by coolrays »

Hey all!

I fired up my Eclipse today and realized that the two lights on the front panel aren't lighting up. I looked at the manual and they are referred to as 'signal lamps', but the Eclipse also has signal lights up by the grips. I am a bit confused. Could someone shed some light on what could be the problem?

Please pardon my bad Photoshop skills!

Thanks in advance!
Remous

Post by Remous »

they are turn signals in different countries but they are not DOT approved in the USA due to how low they are. you can buy a wiring kit to make them work though.
coolrays

Post by coolrays »

Remous wrote:they are turn signals in different countries but they are not DOT approved in the USA due to how low they are. you can buy a wiring kit to make them work though.
Interesting, thank you! Forum member joebug's new Eclipse video on youtube shows where he installed LED lights that were always on. I may have to try that.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

Those lights are commonly referred to as "deadlights" since, as stated, they are not DOT compliant. I bought a wiring harness that allows me to use them as running lights as well as alternating turn signals (they flash opposite the original turn signals for added turning visibility). Highly recommended for all Buddy scooters as well as a brake light modulator.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

That's interesting because my 2008 Buddy International's turn signals are the ones that are in the fairing and doesn't have turn signals under the handlebars. There is no wiring/connectors inside the headlight cover for any underbar turn signals either. There are, however, mounting holes in the lower headlight cover to mount turn signals, but it doesn't look like anything has ever been mounted there.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.