Considering a windshield for my roughhouse..

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dusty roads

Considering a windshield for my roughhouse..

Post by dusty roads »

For those who have installed one on their ruffy...What are the advantages if any, as far as speed, comfort and miles per gallon?
skipper20

Re: Considering a windsheild for my roughhouse..

Post by skipper20 »

dusty roads wrote:For those who have installed one on their ruffy...What are the advantages if any, as far as speed, comfort and miles per gallon?
Comfort mostly. Speed improvement was marginal at best - maybe a 1 mph gain. Not sure about mpg as I've never bothered to check. If there is any improvement it's marginal. I have the Prima windscreen. I mounted it so I have clear vision just over the top. It works well and is quality built. If you're looking primarily for something that will keep the wind from blasting you in the chest and face you'll be OK with it.

Bill in Seattle
'16 RH Sport 50 Matte Red
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I have put a windshield on every scooter I own. I like the top of the windshield about nose height. I want to look over it in upright riding position, but be able to duck down if it is cold or raining. Makes for a much more pleasant ride, less fatigue and noise.
dusty roads

Post by dusty roads »

Thanks, that's about what I wanted to hear. I am primarily concerned with comfort...but will be glad to accept any marginal gains with it !