Roughhouse upgrade..

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dusty roads

Roughhouse upgrade..

Post by dusty roads »

I plan on using my roughhouse for a while, then using it to take my motorcycle road test.
I truly like my Ruffy, but would like to keep with traffic on regular roads. iIf I successfully pass my road test, it is too bad I could not just get an upgrade engine for it..say a 125cc or a 110i engine to swap right into my scooter.
Do you expect there is any chance Genuine will come out with a larger engined Roughhouse ?
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

They had one in the past with the Rattler 110 (now discontinued) but don't bet on a new, more powerful version any time soon. However, if it ever happens that they release a 125cc version, I would buy one!
dusty roads

Post by dusty roads »

The 70cc upgrade might help, but I would not be surprised if it did not stress the bottom end of the engine more than necessary. Then too, I would need a larger fuel supply for long legs.
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

Someone in Australia did a gy6 swap. I don't see any reason you can't swap anything within reason. You'll have to make mounting brackets and maybe an adapter for the swingarm mount and probably redo the fuel lines and wiring harness...

The motor off a SYM Rv250 would be fun.
"Stella" is Latin for "use threadlocker on all fasteners"