2016 Hooligan stalls and sputters - will pay $25 for fix

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Sousa

2016 Hooligan stalls and sputters - will pay $25 for fix

Post by Sousa »

Hi everyone. I bought a 2016 Hooligan 170i with 1400 miles on it. It's at 2000 now and it stalls out after I start it. If I can get it to run it sputters then stalls out usually before I move 10 feet. If I can actually get it past 10 feet, it will jerk until it stalls out. Sometimes it won't even start back up. I have to turn key to off position, then back on. I tried new spark plug and a new ecu. The scooter ran normal for about 45 minutes after replacing the ecu, now it does the same thing. Can anyone help?

Jeff
I'll venmo the first person that can give me the solution to a permanent fix $25
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

Are you getting any error codes (the check engine light on the dash). Your dealer should have the diagnostic tool to check the code.

I wonder if it has to do with the throttle position sensor? Also, check and verify all lines are good, not pinched, etc.
skipper20

Re: 2016 Hooligan stalls and sputters - will pay $25 for fix

Post by skipper20 »

Sousa wrote:Hi everyone. I bought a 2016 Hooligan 170i with 1400 miles on it. It's at 2000 now and it stalls out after I start it. If I can get it to run it sputters then stalls out usually before I move 10 feet. If I can actually get it past 10 feet, it will jerk until it stalls out. Sometimes it won't even start back up. I have to turn key to off position, then back on. I tried new spark plug and a new ecu. The scooter ran normal for about 45 minutes after replacing the ecu, now it does the same thing. Can anyone help?

Jeff
I'll venmo the first person that can give me the solution to a permanent fix $25
My recommended solution is to take it in to your nearest Genuine dealer and have their service department check it out. As has already been mentioned, they have the diagnostic equipment and tools to do it right. Everything else is just guess work.

Bill in Seattle
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

I'd certainly hope that they went to their dealership if they put in a new ecu - those aren't cheap!

Keep us updated :)