110cc into a RH 50

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KooK

110cc into a RH 50

Post by KooK »

Will a rattler 110cc go into a roughhouse 50cc? I might have that option. Is the swap an easy one? I would think yes since they are basically the same bike, same frame. Would there be anything major to this swap?
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

The 110 rattler, or the 50 rattler, either will fit. The 50 rattler is actually the same motor as the RH. The only difference, if you go to the 110, is that the throttle cable is a two-ended one, with one end going to the carb, and the other going to an advance on the oil pump.

Unless you have a rattler engine just sitting around, it'll be a lot cheaper to just build up our existing motor with a decent kit and performance cvt components.
KooK

Post by KooK »

The shop has a 110 sitting wrecked for years. Engine is fine. It might be in the table...
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

If you go that route, you'll need to transplant the throttle cable from the wrecked bike, or lock open the oil pump so it's always delivering enough oil. You'll run a little smokey at part throttle, but it'll at least keep things happy at wide open.
plebbin

Re:

Post by plebbin »

KooK wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:16 pm The shop has a 110 sitting wrecked for years. Engine is fine. It might be in the table...
still got that engine? I'll buy it my rattler 110 needs a new topend but I can't find parts! I'd be nice just to drop in a new one
peterp2

Re: 110cc into a RH 50

Post by peterp2 »

Your local dealer can order you a new top end from genuine.