Can you identify this exhuast?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ndross475

Can you identify this exhuast?

Post by ndross475 »

Just bought a 2006 Buddy 50 from a customer of mine (not the original owner). I blame my dad for not letting me have a minibike when I was a kid.

Anyways, I know that the original owner put a Scooterworks Stage 2 Kit on it @9450 miles, has 15k on it now. He detailed all the maintenance upgrades pretty well my customer kept his notes and receipts.They even kept all the old parts.

The exhaust doesn't look like the one currently sold in the kit. Any ideas? I guess I can call ScooterWorks and see what was in the kit back then, the receipt doesn't spell it out. Will try attaching some pics.

He apparently put a NCY Racing clutch on it. There are some jets and a reed valve in the box, looks like the reed valve is new, cant tell on the jets, I am assuming he jetted the carb after the Stage 2 kit. There is a roller weight kit that has old parts in it, and a variator spring that looks used, also a roller kit that looks used.

I drove it home and it did fine, got up to 45mph (if the speedo is to be trusted) has some body issues, that need tending to but other than that looks like it needs riding.

Thanks for any input.
Looking forward to playing with the new toy...
Attachments
IMG_0130.JPG
IMG_0130.JPG (115.48 KiB) Viewed 228 times
IMG_0129.JPG
IMG_0129.JPG (72.34 KiB) Viewed 228 times
IMG_0128.JPG
IMG_0128.JPG (71.32 KiB) Viewed 228 times
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

looks stock
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
ndross475

Post by ndross475 »

It does, but there are no cover bolt holes, I guess someone could have ground them off and repainted it, but they did a pretty good job if thats what happened.