Brake lights?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

itcardoc

Brake lights?

Post by itcardoc »

Alright , I have got to post this! I don't know how many Blurs sold , but I am willing to bet that many of you have a safety problem you are not aware of ! Check your brake light operation and see if your brake light comes on under normal/light braking (light pull on the levers). I'll bet that you have to pull pretty hard on the levers to get the brake lights to come on! The brake light switches on the levers appear to be adjusted/mounted so that your BRAKE LIGHTS WILL NOT OPERATE UNDER NORMAL LIGHT BRAKING (LIGHT PULL ON THE LEVERS)!!!! They need to be modified/adjusted to work under light pulling of the levers! Please try your brake lights and give some feedback. Remember you don't have to pull very hard under normal braking as the brakes are excellent on the Blur. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
jasonkoscho

lights

Post by jasonkoscho »

I havent noticed anything along those lines for me. I have noticed that the European switch that would normally kill the lights is re-wired in the US alowing you to completly shut off your tail light. Make sure you have it on!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

We talked about this before, but it's good to point out. As long as you're aware of when they come on, they don't really need an adjustment in most cases, but they do come on a bit later than I'm used to with other bikes, so it's worth noting.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

is there any way of adjusting them so they come up ealier?
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.