Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A possible new Pirelli tire option for Buddy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
350kmi

'12 Buddy 170, '07 Buddy 125, '03 Vino 2T, '08 C3, '83 Aero 80, '19 C125

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: A possible new Pirelli tire option for Buddy. Reply with quote

I was on Pirelli's USA website this morning looking at car tires and for the heck of it I clicked the motorcycle tab to see and if there was anything new. There was something new, a tire called the Scooter Angel:

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/motorcycle/all-tires/sheet/angel-scooter

It looks its like it a sized down version of the Angel GT motorcycle tire. There are quite a few sizes listed on the spec sheet including 90/90-10 as used on Buddy 50s, as well as 3.50-10 and 100/90-10 as used on 125/150/170s. The speed rating for all the 10" sizes are J (62 MPH) which seems pretty standard.

A quick web search showed a couple European and Asian reviews, but no mention or retailers listing scooter sizes for sale stateside so far. I hope they do become available here, they look and sound promising. Beyond the Heidenau K80, most tires I can think of available in Buddy sizes are designs that have been around for 5+ years. Rubber compounds may have been updated on these older designs, but a entirely modern tire would be a nice option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: