A possible new Pirelli tire option for Buddy.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

350kmi

A possible new Pirelli tire option for Buddy.

Post by 350kmi »

I was on Pirelli's USA website this morning looking at car tires and for the heck of it I clicked the motorcycle tab to see and if there was anything new. There was something new, a tire called the Scooter Angel:

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/mot ... el-scooter

It looks its like it a sized down version of the Angel GT motorcycle tire. There are quite a few sizes listed on the spec sheet including 90/90-10 as used on Buddy 50s, as well as 3.50-10 and 100/90-10 as used on 125/150/170s. The speed rating for all the 10" sizes are J (62 MPH) which seems pretty standard.

A quick web search showed a couple European and Asian reviews, but no mention or retailers listing scooter sizes for sale stateside so far. I hope they do become available here, they look and sound promising. Beyond the Heidenau K80, most tires I can think of available in Buddy sizes are designs that have been around for 5+ years. Rubber compounds may have been updated on these older designs, but a entirely modern tire would be a nice option.