Roughhouse Brake Light Mods?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

eedo17

Roughhouse Brake Light Mods?

Post by eedo17 »

New user here!

I am currently riding a 14 roughhouse with the scooterworks exhaust and big bore kit. She is currently getting a NCY SuperTrans kit installed and replacing the orange front turn signals with tinted ones on top of a new cool air intake/air filter.

I am trying to find an integrated brake light to remove the rear turn signals to order to the shop but I do not want to waste my money.
Has anyone had any success with an integrated tail light (with blinkers) that is just a remove and replace fix?
skipper20

Re: Roughhouse Brake Light Mods?

Post by skipper20 »

eedo17 wrote:New user here!

I am currently riding a 14 roughhouse with the scooterworks exhaust and big bore kit. She is currently getting a NCY SuperTrans kit installed and replacing the orange front turn signals with tinted ones on top of a new cool air intake/air filter.

I am trying to find an integrated brake light to remove the rear turn signals to order to the shop but I do not want to waste my money.
Has anyone had any success with an integrated tail light (with blinkers) that is just a remove and replace fix?
Integrating rear turn signals with the brake light could be a safety issue therefore not DOT approved. As such, what you're looking for may not exist. In any event, try the Roughhouse section of this forum. Some RH50 owners may have put a home-built version together.

Bill in Seattle but wintering in Tucson (till 3/31)
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

As small as that brake light is, I can't imagine it being easy to tell which way the turn signal is flashing if you're more than a car length away, but maybe that's just my bad eyes talking.
eedo17

Post by eedo17 »

Stanza wrote:As small as that brake light is, I can't imagine it being easy to tell which way the turn signal is flashing if you're more than a car length away, but maybe that's just my bad eyes talking.
I’ve found a couple that are sequential much like how the new mustang turn signals are to display the direction. A lot of motorcycles have taillights light that.
Maybe a better bet would be trying to get the blinkers as close to the body as possible without sticking out too much... 🤔