Stella Auto ECS light on at start / Starter button issue

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

o0dano0o

Stella Auto ECS light on at start / Starter button issue

Post by o0dano0o »

Hi all,

I have a Stella Auto which I don't ride very often and probably will try to sell soon if I can get it running reliably.

One question for you all - should the ECS light be on when you turn the key on, or is it indicating a problem?

Also, the electric starter button does nothing - no clicks or anything whatsoever. I can sort of kickstart it to life. Thoughts on what is wrong there? The battery is charged and the horn and some lights work.

Thanks!
o0dano0o

Post by o0dano0o »

Also - I just checked the 2 fuses and both seem intact.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Doe the ECS light come on briefly or stay on constantly?

Genuine did a recall on the the Stella auto for carburetor control issues, was your Auto serviced under that recall?

When attempting to start, are you holding the rear brake lever?
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

The ECS light should come on briefly when the key is turned to the on position, this is to test the functionality of the light. After that, it should shut off. If it stays on, or starts blinking, then there's a problem.
o0dano0o

Post by o0dano0o »

The light comes on when the key is turned on, and then goes out when I press the starter button.

As far as the recall is concerned, I do recall taking it in to the dealer quite a bit in the first few months of ownership, and one time was to take care of a recall of some sort.

And yes, I'm holding the brake when pressing the button.

Thanks again.