New Battery. Full Charge. But No Power to Scooter.

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrichkc

New Battery. Full Charge. But No Power to Scooter.

Post by jrichkc »

It had been happening intermittently that the scooter was showing a dead battery and I would successfully kick start it. Then for a couple days there would be no issue with full power and electric start. The battery is new and is reading 12.74v now. But, the issue is more than intermittent at this point. I can still kick start it but while it's running the horn is weak so you can tell the battery isn't delivery the proper charge. I checked connections at the battery and looked for any corrosion. Nothing looks strange. This is a 2007 Stella with 300 miles on it. All looks new on the scooter. Anybody have any advice on what to look for? Where is the power from the battery being interrupted?
Thank you!
milly

Post by milly »

Check stator voltage and rectifier / regulator. Battery voltage with engine running should be about 14v.
There's a manual on the site somewhere most likely tech section and maybe links to you tube videos. It's late this side of the pond or I would have looked but need my beauty sleep 😊