Adventures in trike shopping. NBR

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sc00ter

Adventures in trike shopping. NBR

Post by sc00ter »

Some of you may remember my Tow-Crap kit on a Buddy 125 adventures. My wife wants to ride again. I went to look at a MINT Silver Wing/ Motor Trike kit in Troy, Ohio 2 weeks ago. Wife did not go. Get to the dealership and the battery was dead. Took the tech almost a hour to change the battery and go over it. Was supposed to be ready, they knew I was coming! Anyways, rides HORRIBLE! So I passed. While walking back to the car I noticed the front tire was low on air, possibly causing the HORRIBLE ride?
Wife and I went to go look at another Silver Wing/Motor Trike kit in New Jersey. They knew we were coming. Get to the dealership and guess what? NO TEST RIDES/NO EXCEPTIONS!? Guess it was a good thing as this kit was beat-up and tired looking. But still, no test ride? They said it was a consignment. I think they should have told me that BEFORE I drove from Norfolk, VA to Three Rivers, NJ!
So the search continues.......
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

Why not a Mazda Miata instead?
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Funny you say that dass! The guy who purchased the last of my Minerelli horizontal stuff just picked a 1st gen Miata up. My wife was intrigued, but this one was a manual-she cant (and wont) learn. I find nice, clean automatics all the time for honest prices. Still lookin'.....
dasscooter

Post by dasscooter »

If you can find an automatic Miata, they're dirt cheap! Like can't give 'em away cheap.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I like the Miata's, she's still interested in a trike. We are going to look at a 07 Silver Wing this Saturday. Also found a 09 Swing at a dealership, but wanna make sure its on the floor before driving out there. My wife is essential personal (runs security that cannot shut down) and she ended up getting a 2018 Crosstrek. It's obviously AWD just like her Subaru Baja. So, with 2 Subaru's another car, no matter how much fun, is outta the question for her.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

It's kind of far away from you but my local scooter dealer has a 2007 Burgman 650 with a Motor Trike conversion that they just added to their website. If you have any interest I would be willing to go check it out and get more info or more pictures.

If you contact them tell them Erik sent you, it won't get you a discount but it would be funny.

https://www.midwestactioncycle.com/2007 ... ock=1&vin=
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I was tempted to look at that Burgman 650 Erik but the wife has zero confidence in my Burgman 200 so that was a no-go. We ended up finding a used Silver Wing. 2007, 23,000 miles, clean w/service records for $2600. Not a super deal but its a honest deal. Need to fix a leaking fork seal (gonna do both), check headset bearings, replace front tire and some other small things. Wife is excited about the Motor Trike kit. Gonna order it this Friday. I have confidence that this will NOT turn into a Tow-Crap-opps Pac kit drama.