Need a fly wheel remover

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dannyrich

Need a fly wheel remover

Post by dannyrich »

Does anyone know where I can get a fly wheel remover for my 2012 roughhouse? Been scouring the internet and
I cant find one fot the roughhouse. I cant find anything on the size of the pulley I need.

Help would be greatly appreciated because I have to replace the stator
dannyrich

Post by dannyrich »

Found it! Here it is if anyone else is looking http://www.af1racing.com/store/scripts/ ... duct=60515
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

Good post and good find, dannyrich. When I battled my stator problem last year, I could not find the right flywheel remover tool. After my experience, I recommend buying the correct tool, as you did.

ALSO, and VERY IMPORTANT.....take great care to preserve your woodruff key and reinstall it carefully. Mine was mangled, so I left it out when I installed my new stator and the old flywheel. All went well for a few months, then the flywheel slipped around the shaft a bit, threw the timing off, so she wouldn't run well (eg, low power, backfire, hard to start in the rain), and the keyway slots were chewed up a bit.

So, my advice.....purchase the CORRECT stator, from the dealer if you have to. And be sure to reinstall the woodruff key when putting it all back together.
dannyrich

Post by dannyrich »

Thanks I'll watch out for that!

Let me ask how'd you remove the nut from the flywheel because when I try to do it the flywheel just moves along as I try to ratchet it off so there's no leverage
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

CAREFULLY immobilize the flywheel with a wrench or some such tool. I think I used the outboard facing slots in the flywheel to wedge it.

THEN, you get a breaker bar, with extender if necessary, and the correct fitting 6 sided socket on that flywheel nut. It will come off.

Nothing resists enough leverage!

:twisted:
czechojo

Post by czechojo »

a better way is to start with an impact wrench
2016 Genuine Roughhouse Sport, malossi 70cc cylinder kit , Yasuni R.07 exhaust, dellorto 19 carb, carbon reeds, doppler air filter, Athena Cranshaft, Polini 14/41 Secondary gear, Malossi Multivar, Malossi Delta Clutch, Malossi Special X Belt, 5g rollers
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Get this set from Harbor Freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/bolt-type ... 62620.html

Use the 20% off coupon that comes in Sunday's paper. This will pull the RH flywheel and many more.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-09-20 at 6.50.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2018-09-20 at 6.50.18 PM.png (135.62 KiB) Viewed 1696 times