Headlight and Blinker electrical problem buddy 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bucket271

Headlight and Blinker electrical problem buddy 125

Post by bucket271 »

hey guys! i'm having an issue with my blinkers on my 2008 buddy 125. my blinkers are unresponsive. i bought a new relay, still no power. when i plug in the relay though, my headlight stops working. it leads me to think that i have a bad component somewhere. any suggestions? maybe the blinker switch?? thanks in advance.
bucket271

Post by bucket271 »

plugged in the relay and started disconnecting wires that go to the blinker bulbs and switches. the headlight still did not come on.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

What relay did you purchase? What was the part number?
johnk

Post by johnk »

I'm no expert, and maybe you're already on top of this, but when I was having some electrical issues recently, a few people here reported that having a low battery charge can cause unexpected failures like this. Although my problem turned out not to be the battery, I bought a Battery Tender Jr. for $25 and was surprised to learn that my totally functional battery was under 80% charged (indicated by a solid red light on the charger).
bucket271

Post by bucket271 »

Stanza wrote:What relay did you purchase? What was the part number?
I bought TA YOUNG flasher relay. can't really read the part #. looks identical to the factory one. silver top, black body, and green bottom.

I got the headlight working when relay is plugged in. i also short circuited the blinkers to a battery and both front and rear, both sides work fine. which leads me to believe that its a relay problem. Also when i plug in the relay, it clicks on, stays engaged until I unplug.
bucket271

Post by bucket271 »

Stanza wrote:What relay did you purchase? What was the part number?
I bought TA YOUNG flasher relay. can't really read the part #. looks identical to the factory one. silver top, black body, and green bottom, 3 pins.

I got the headlight working when relay is plugged in. i also short circuited the blinkers to a battery and both front and rear, both sides work fine. which leads me to believe that its a relay problem. Also when i plug in the relay, it clicks on, stays engaged until I unplug.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

The wiring on your Ta Young is not correct. Physically it's the same, externally, but the wiring layout on it is not correct for the bike. Chuck that one into the bin, and get part number C15860000000