Scooter not pulling up hills like it use to

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kenkalan

Scooter not pulling up hills like it use to

Post by kenkalan »

I have a 2016 rough house 50 sport 1600 miles and it use to blast up the hills by my house an now it struggles to make it up. On flat ground it still kicks up and gets up to top speed quickly. If I am going full speed and I hit the hills it does ok, but if I have to slow at all and I hit a hill it just doesn't kick up and go. I had it service and it runs great except for the hills. I used to pull up this one big hill at 35 mph now it barely reaches 20. Could it be something in the transmission. You know how when you are stopped and you hit it it goes a second and then the motor kicks up and you take off, it wont do that on a hill anymore.

Any thoughts?
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Did it start doing this right after you had it in the shop? What did the "service" consist of?
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Sounds like its getting stuck in the overange. Remove the clutch and torque sheeve. Disassemble, clean and regrease. Could be down on power a little bit as well. Unlikely but Could be a plugged exhaust port.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
kenkalan

Post by kenkalan »

thanks that sounds like it could be the problem, now I just have to figure out how to do it.

this was happening before the 1500 mile service.
kenkalan

Post by kenkalan »

lovemysan wrote:Sounds like its getting stuck in the overange. Remove the clutch and torque sheeve. Disassemble, clean and regrease. Could be down on power a little bit as well. Unlikely but Could be a plugged exhaust port.
Worked like a charm thanks!