Where to buy #95 main jet?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

wheelbender6

Where to buy #95 main jet?

Post by wheelbender6 »

I installed a scooter works stage one kit on my buddy 125, and the 95 jet worker well. . Now my wife wants a prima pipe on her buddy 125 too. I looked at individual jets on scooter works but their jets were all numbered way above 95. Where can I get a #95 jet without ordering a stage one kit for her?
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I drill my own jets to get to the size I want. Or you can go on eBay where there are a bunch of vendors selling main jets. Just make sure you get the 4mm size (5mm is more common but won't fit). If you're adventurous, check out this website: https://affordablegokarts.com/pages/how ... -main-jets
They say to use a drill press but that isn't necessary. I use what's called a "pin vise" by hand to drill jets and haven't had any issues. BTW, a #63 drill bit will get you pretty close to a #95 jet. I think a #95 jet is the stock size for an unmodified 125cc engine so I would suggest a slightly larger jet size if you've done performance mods to the engine.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Thanks babblefish. I would have bought a 5mm jet without your help.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI