Buddy tire pressure

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

fried okra

Buddy tire pressure

Post by fried okra »

The owner's manual for my new 2019 Buddy 125 lists recommended tire pressure at 26 psi front and rear for the 125/170i scoots and 28 psi front and rear for the Buddy 50's.

I don't see any reason the lighter Buddy 50 scoots would warrant a higher tire pressure than the slightly heavier Buddy 125/170i scoots. Does anyone else see a reason for the heavier 125/170i scoots to run a lower tire pressure than the Buddy 50's?

Regardless, do other Buddy owners have a preferred tire pressure?

fried okra
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

On my 125, I run the front at about 26/27 and the rear at about 28/29. Depends somewhat on the weight of the rider.
fried okra

Post by fried okra »

Thanks, Dooglas.

This lil Buddy 125 is gonna be a regular rider down on Sanibel Island pretty soon. Light weight and easy to haul down there :)

fried okra
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Somewhere I think I’d remembered reading or being told, 30/30 front/rear, maybe by my dealer, maybe here, maybe my owners’ manual.
I however feel comfortable 28/30 front/rear on my 150.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

fried okra wrote:This lil Buddy 125 is gonna be a regular rider down on Sanibel Island pretty soon. Light weight and easy to haul down there :)
Good for you. Enjoy. I was down on Pine Island last week. Good seafood chowder at Captain Con's and a tasty grilled Tripletail at the Lazy Flamingo.
fried okra

Post by fried okra »

Pine Island is "old Florida" at its best.

Will need to try Capt Con's the next time down there!

We've always enjoyed the Waterfront Restaurant and Marina at the very south end of Pine Island but they were closed when we were down there last fall :( Seems we ended up going to Woody's Grill on the canal.

Fried shrimp is about the same everywhere. But the Cape Cod Fish Co in Ft Myers is about the best we've found.

fried okra