NCY intake manifold for Roughhouse

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RiderK

NCY intake manifold for Roughhouse

Post by RiderK »

First off, it's nice to be back on here with some quality scooter people's again. I had a too many personal and family things going for quite some time and wasn't able to focus on scooter fun. I'll spare you all the absurd dramatics of it all. Anyway, I've got my Roughy back out for the season and put some new shoes on her feet and fresh front brakes on. While digging through my garage I resurrected a Giannelli Shot expansion chamber and a 19mm Arreche carb from a previous Zuma build I did in 2014. I see that the NCY intake manifold would get this Arreche Zuma carb mated up nicely but I'm not sure if it would allow me to use the stock airbox. The stock airbox has always been a bit of an eyesore to me but I do ride in inclement weather and require the ability to keep the elements out of my intake. Does anybody know weather or not the NCY will line up the carb remotely close enough to use the stock airbox? Thanks guys and sorry for the long post. I seem to always type as if I'm actually talking to someone face to face.
2014 Roughhouse, S6 Sp Pro Mk2, C16 city, Athena full circle, 19 PHBG, Voca cf reeds, S6 TC clutch red spr, Polini vario, NCY tq drvr, premix, Polini tach temp voltage gauge, LEDs all around
VWDruid

Post by VWDruid »

I would like to know also.
But in my mines eye an adapter would have a better chance of lining up.
like this one, https://www.scootertuning.ca/en/intakes ... kymco.html
2016 6.g, K-belt, 1500 clutch, 1000 contra, 100 main, sport exhaust.
RiderK

Post by RiderK »

VWDruid wrote:I would like to know also.
But in my mines eye an adapter would have a better chance of lining up.
like this one, https://www.scootertuning.ca/en/intakes ... kymco.html
Thanks, I knew I'd seen one of those before but I wasn't able to find them the other day. It seems as if it would more then likely add an inch or two to it but I could always use spacers and longer bolts on the two mounting bolts for the stock air box. I do however like the possible benefit of a more direct smooth downward flow of the NCY intake.
2014 Roughhouse, S6 Sp Pro Mk2, C16 city, Athena full circle, 19 PHBG, Voca cf reeds, S6 TC clutch red spr, Polini vario, NCY tq drvr, premix, Polini tach temp voltage gauge, LEDs all around