There's a new scooter oriented magazine?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

There's a new scooter oriented magazine?

Post by Howardr »

Attention: Riders in UT, NM, AZ, NM and west TX!
I have been waiting for a magazine, newsletter or anything that was written for me and my favorite kind of people - Scooter People! "Scoot!" ceased to exist in 2013 and I got tired of waiting so I'm starting one myself, The Scooter 'Zine.
My name is Howard and I've been riding scooters since 2008. I've owned at least 9 scooters, started a scooter club, been to Amerivespa, High Rollers and even ridden a Saddlesore 1000 on my Buddy 150. I've ridden with clubs in AZ, CA, NV and NM. My scooter has helped me make friends all over the country. I want to share my scooter passion and that of other riders with every rider who has a bit of time to read.
*Do you love to ride and enjoy meeting others who do, too? The Scooter 'Zine is for you.
*Do you look for exciting roads to ride or to share your favorites with others? The Scooter 'Zine is for you.
*Looking for reviews of gear with the scooterist in mind? The Scooter 'Zine is for you.
*Want to know more about scooter clubs? Who they are? What they do? You'll find out in The Scooter 'Zine.
*The Scooter 'Zine will be a small magazine written by and for active scooter riders. I live and have ridden in the desert southwest and the mountain states, so that's the region on which we will focus. It will initially be published bimonthly. If people like it and support it, we will make it bigger and more often. Learn more on our Facebook page: The Scooter 'Zine or Instagram - @scooter_zine
If you are in one of the 5 states listed above, email me your address and I will mail you a copy of the premier issue, FREE! (while supplies last.) Subscriptions will be $20/year. ($22 if using PayPal.)

Email - howard.rains@gmail.com
[/b]
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I miss physical copy scooter magazines. One of my favs was Scooter Rider Magazine. Runner up was Scoot Tours. I recently sent all my copies of Scooter Rider to Europe to a collector. I still have a bunch of Twist and Go issues, the sister publication of Scootering. Scoot! was a bit "vintage" for me but I still supported them buy purchasing the issues when I saw them. I subscribe to Motorcycle Consumer News but have zero interest in motorcycles! You need to get in some new scooter reviews and do some "Back in time" re-visits. You need some cool t-shirts to! I still have a Scooter Rider one I found buried in a closet. The best of luck with your venture! And like Decibel magazine says-"Only print is real!".
fried okra

Post by fried okra »

I remember Scooter Rider Magazine, Twist and Go, and Scoot also. I used to subscribe to all of them, and some of the Euro scoot magazines also.

I still have a lot of the old issues in a container somewhere I need to go through. Probably will toss most of them if they don't relate to anything of interest now.

Good luck on your venture!

fried okra
Syd

Post by Syd »

Way to go Howard! Email sent and hope it works out.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

I subscribed to Scoot! but have never heard of Scooter Rider. I currently subscribe to Rider. AS the name implies, it's mostly about the act of riding. They do reviews of bikes too, but of all kinds, including scooters. I'm always looking for good roads to ride, so I really like it.

Howard
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

I've given out more than 50 FREE copies of the 'Zine. Email me your address and I can send you one, too.

howard@skyislandriders.com
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Over 60 sample copies of The Scooter 'Zine have been mailed out to 17 different states! We sure appreciate the interest.
There are still sample copies available to any who are interested. Email your address to me and I'll mail one out to you.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

If you're more in to digital: here is a link to issue #1. It is not in numerical order as this is the version used by the printer to make the copies, but I think you can still get the idea.

The next issue will be out in the middle of April.

Be safe out there!

Howard
Syd

Post by Syd »

Howard, where can I send the money? I'm in!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Syd, email me at howard@skyislandriders.com. I need your mailing address and how you would like to pay.

Thank you, sir