Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scooter smokes with ~ 1/4 tank of gas left

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
buddys_n_blasters

Buddy 50

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Scooter smokes with ~ 1/4 tank of gas left Reply with quote

As the title says. My scooter had a really bad smoking issue a while back, and there was a thread about it. After refilling with a full tank of premium gas, everything was better for a while, until the tank got to about 1/4 full. Then the smoking started up again just like before. Filling it back up stopped the smoke immediately.

Any thoughts on why this would be? My guess is the fuel to oil ratio is off because not enough fuel is getting in. But that's odd, as there's still enough gas in the tank that the fuel flow should be uninterrupted.
Trixyshrimp101

Buddy 50. Roughhouse50. KLR250

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your scooter just so I know? But have you tried the expensive synthetic no smoke oil? Thats all I use alot of people say it soes not make a difference but I beg to differ. Depending on were you are. It might solve your smoke problem too.
buddys_n_blasters

Buddy 50

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 2008 buddy 50. The oil is the no-smoke stuff, so all good there.

It's quite the mystery.
Stanza

Puch Maxi, Honda C70

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No smoke label on the bottle is just marketing. Run JASO-FD rated oil, and you should see that clear up within a tank or two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: