Decided against a sale, and it feels so good to be back!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

coolrays

Decided against a sale, and it feels so good to be back!

Post by coolrays »

After a nasty Oklahoma winter, I had major thoughts about selling my 2017 Buddy 125 Eclipse. When spring came around, I continued to leave it sitting in the garage, collecting dust. Yesterday I was met with a beautiful day, and decided to pull it out of storage and break out my car washing supplies in order to get good photos for a Craigslist sale. Once I finished drying it off, I set out for a quick spin around the neighborhood, which led to taking a nice, long ride around the lake that is close to my house. I ended up staying out until after sunset! It was in that moment that I decided to keep my scooter and get some more joy out of it. After all, it has less than 400 miles on it. Feels like I'm just now breaking it in!

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? I had pretty much decided to get rid of my Buddy, but the fun I had when I decided to hop back on completely changed my mind. I think I'll hang on to her for a little longer, or at least until I decide to upgrade. :D

Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Life without a scooter would be hard - and not nearly as much fun. :wink:
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

Don't know about Oklahoma winters, but at the end of a long, Minnesota winter Joy and Happiness can seem like remote, faded memories. To ride the scooter and just get outside without freezing or falling on ice seems amazing.
You have a really nice looking scooter. Riding a scooter is much more fun than driving, I'm baffled more people do not ride them.
Syd

Post by Syd »

There was just a thread just like this over at the big brother forum : http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic164769

It happens!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Syd wrote:There was just a thread just like this over at the big brother forum : http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic164769
Except that fellow owns FIVE scooters. :wink:
velobuff

Re: Decided against a sale, and it feels so good to be back!

Post by velobuff »

coolrays wrote:After a nasty Oklahoma winter, I had major thoughts about selling my 2017 Buddy 125 Eclipse. When spring came around, I continued to leave it sitting in the garage, collecting dust. Yesterday I was met with a beautiful day, and decided to pull it out of storage and break out my car washing supplies in order to get good photos for a Craigslist sale. Once I finished drying it off, I set out for a quick spin around the neighborhood, which led to taking a nice, long ride around the lake that is close to my house. I ended up staying out until after sunset! It was in that moment that I decided to keep my scooter and get some more joy out of it. After all, it has less than 400 miles on it. Feels like I'm just now breaking it in!

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? I had pretty much decided to get rid of my Buddy, but the fun I had when I decided to hop back on completely changed my mind. I think I'll hang on to her for a little longer, or at least until I decide to upgrade. :D
This very thing happened to me a week ago while I was prepping my Burgman 400 for sale except I ended up selling it since I have 2 other scoots. Since them I’ve been missing it and looking at cruiser motorcycles :D
<a target="_blank" href=''https://velobuff.com/">My Blog</a>