Buddy Kick 125 Running Lights

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bionicrocky

Buddy Kick 125 Running Lights

Post by bionicrocky »

I'm looking to enable the leg shield lights as running lights on my wife's Kick. I saw a video of them working on YouTube, but nothing on how to enable them. I'm fairly handy, but not good enough with electrical to trust myself without really solid directions.

I searched and didn't find an answer, but if it's already posted, please feel free to let me know where! TIA!
Bikes:
Wife - 2018 Buddy Kick 125 in Gray
Me - 2019 Vespa GTS 300 Touring in Maroon
Us - 1962 Vespa VBB 150
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Probably isn't too different than doing on a regular Buddy. The "Technical Library" forum has excellent "how to" threads. There are several for turning the deadlights to running lights. You might also hit up member, VSP, for adaptors to make it simpler See what he has to offer here: http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/topic29569.html
bionicrocky

Post by bionicrocky »

Thanks, I'll dig there! Will it be the same, do you think? I thought the Buddy and Buddy Kick were entirely different because of the PGO rebadge. I'm a total newb, so let me know if I'm off!
Bikes:
Wife - 2018 Buddy Kick 125 in Gray
Me - 2019 Vespa GTS 300 Touring in Maroon
Us - 1962 Vespa VBB 150
Ootscoot

Post by Ootscoot »

The Buddy 125 and the Buddy Kick are quite different. The running lights on the kick are LEDs, so not sure if the adapter would work without voltage regulation...has anyone enabled these lights yet?
Ex-Scooter dealer, current scooter rider, scooter owner...
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

If memory serves, the plugs are present, but simply not connected for the front legshield LED signals. You should only need to connect them, and you'll be good. It's an electronic flasher, not electro-mechanical, so it should be fine, even with the extras connected.
Ootscoot

Post by Ootscoot »

I guess my question was can these leg shield, lower signal lights be enabled as running lights? I have converted these lower signal lights on the Buddy 125 to running lights, but have not tried this with the Kicks Led lights.
Ex-Scooter dealer, current scooter rider, scooter owner...
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Probably, but you'd need some form of deadlight kit like the regular 125 uses. No idea if it's plug and play though, you might need to splice in.
thenikkiroom

Post by thenikkiroom »

Bumping up this topic again.

Has anyone figured out the running light situation? I would add this to my new Kick. Thanks