Stella kickstart lever is stuck in the down position

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

kailuakara

Stella kickstart lever is stuck in the down position

Post by kailuakara »

Need some help... Went to kick start my Stella and the lever got stuck, jammed, in the down position. It will not come all the way back up, but will go up and down a few inches. Any ideas on how to fix this problem or what needs to be replaced?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

What year, how many miles, how often started, any mods? Could be stripped kickstart quad or other things. Need more info
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
kailuakara

Post by kailuakara »

It’s a 2003, with about 3,000 miles on it. Only ride it in the summers and haven’t use the electric start in years. We kick start it every time.

After tearing it apart and finally getting the kickstart lever off; looks like that’s the main issue. Pretty sure I’ll need to order a new one and plus a new starter sector, because both are ground down.

Any tips on how to replace the starter gear assembly or know of a link to a video that shows how to do it?

Thanks for the help!
milly

Post by milly »

You can use the vespa px manual by Haynes which also covers the lml. I presume it may well be the same as the px. If so modern vespa forum covers the older vespas and sometimes has questions on Stella's.
The other forum I use is lmlforum.co.uk I think if you put that in a search engine you will get the address of it. Other than that you tube but not seen any for starters on Stella.