Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genuine electric scooter on the way?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dooglas

Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Genuine electric scooter on the way? Reply with quote

According to this article, Genuine Scooters will become the US importer for retail sales of NIU Revel electric scooters.

https://electrek.co/2019/06/08/niu-electric-scooter-sales-usa/
scootERIK

Buddy 125

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had two of them at Amerivespa this year. They look nice.

wheelbender6

Genuine Buddy 125

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spec is close to that of the CSC City Slicker at a lower price. The CSC City Slicker has sold well.
babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As nice as those might be, they'll probably not sell well in San Francisco. Here we have a company called "Scoot" that has their electric scooters all over the city available for rent for really cheap. I see them all over the place. They used to offer this little car (smaller than a Smart car) for rent too but I think they discontinued that. Darn, and I opened an account with them just so that I could try out one of those things.
sc00ter

19 Piaggio Liberty S, 98 Zuma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheaper and faster than the Vespa e-scooter, and pretty nice looking to. I "might" be interested in one but I've gotten spoiled by e-bicycles. I can ride on the sidewalk, blast red lights and do other dumb bicycle things like not have to wear a helmet. Quick story: Im riding my e-bicycle to work and pass a road bike rider. He's all decked out in roadie gear and I have on a sun hat and sneakers with street clothes. He does a double take as I pass him, Im on the sidewalk. Every time he almost catches me, I slip away doing dumb things. He finally catches up and tries to follow me under an underpass. I dont care about mud, water, drops off curbs, bumps, cracks-I ride hard. He almost goes down from a big crack in the concrete! He said I was a bad bicycle example thru panted breath at the red light. I told him I come from a bmx background and didnt care.
Alzero

Lance Cali Classic 125

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a long time e-biker and longer scooter rider I must say that it is people like you that will get ebikes banned from city centers. Riding at speed on sidewalks is an appallingly selfish and dangerous act that shows complete disregard for those that use our sidewalks: pedestrians.

And in what way does a BMX background excuse you from complying with basic common sense laws? Is there an ASSHOLE exemption?
skipper20

170i

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc00ter wrote:
Cheaper and faster than the Vespa e-scooter, and pretty nice looking to. I "might" be interested in one but I've gotten spoiled by e-bicycles. I can ride on the sidewalk, blast red lights and do other dumb bicycle things like not have to wear a helmet. Quick story: Im riding my e-bicycle to work and pass a road bike rider. He's all decked out in roadie gear and I have on a sun hat and sneakers with street clothes. He does a double take as I pass him, Im on the sidewalk. Every time he almost catches me, I slip away doing dumb things. He finally catches up and tries to follow me under an underpass. I dont care about mud, water, drops off curbs, bumps, cracks-I ride hard. He almost goes down from a big crack in the concrete! He said I was a bad bicycle example thru panted breath at the red light. I told him I come from a bmx background and didnt care.

If blasting red lights means you're running red lights in addition to not wearing a helmet, and using sidewalks to ride hard on (aren't they for pedestrians?), I'm on the side of the road bike rider.

Bill in Seattle
Dooglas

Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skipper20 wrote:
If blasting red lights means you're running red lights in addition to not wearing a helmet, and using sidewalks to ride hard on (aren't they for pedestrians?), I'm on the side of the road bike rider.

Ditto!
wheelbender6

Genuine Buddy 125

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think sc00ter rides like a juvenile delinquent hooligan all the time. He just got a little excited
babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-bikes already get enough undeserved bad rap and have been banned from many places. The last thing we need is more inconsiderate people adding fuel to the fire.
iwannascoot

Buddy 170i

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Rental scoots Reply with quote

Here in Atlanta they have a bunch of electric little scooters like the Razor type. They are everywhere. You just pick one up wherever you happen to be and leave it when you're done. I don't know how the rent works since I rarely go into Atlanta.

The point is, there have been so many fatalities on these things from getting hit by cars that you can no longer use them at night and they want to outlaw them completely. They are very popular and lots of people use them.

2016 Roughhouse Sport

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Rental scoots Reply with quote

iwannascoot wrote:
Here in Atlanta they have a bunch of electric little scooters like the Razor type. They are everywhere. You just pick one up wherever you happen to be and leave it when you're done. I don't know how the rent works since I rarely go into Atlanta.

The point is, there have been so many fatalities on these things from getting hit by cars that you can no longer use them at night and they want to outlaw them completely. They are very popular and lots of people use them.

Darwin's Law.
Alzero

Lance Cali Classic 125

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t understand why they are not just considered to be litter: junk left abandoned on the sidewalk..... Whenever it’s not inconvenient, I pitch them into the dumpster, just like any other trash left lying on the sidewalks. It’s called being a good citizen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: