Honda X-ADV 300 in North America

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

cummingsjc

Honda X-ADV 300 in North America

Post by cummingsjc »

This is intriguing. This article says that a 300cc version of the Honda X-ADV 750cc adventure scooter may be coming to North America. It would be a really cool off-road capable scooter that might be worth some consideration.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/3654 ... v-300-usa/
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

That's great news. I've always liked the X-ADV so if it shows up on our shores as a 300 or bigger I'd be interested. I wonder what the MSRP will be for this bad boy.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

As a Honda product, probably too much. But it would be cool to have one.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I think a 300 would be a mistake. The DCT transmission adds a lot of weight. The bike will suffer accordingly. I've always wanted a X-ADV or Africa Twin in the 450 to 500 cc range. I think that's powerful enough to overcome the weight penalty of the DCT, but still won't weigh too much like the 700 or 1000.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

The Chinese will produce a clone version within 6 months of the X-ADV release.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

k1dude wrote:I think a 300 would be a mistake. The DCT transmission adds a lot of weight. The bike will suffer accordingly. I've always wanted a X-ADV or Africa Twin in the 450 to 500 cc range. I think that's powerful enough to overcome the weight penalty of the DCT, but still won't weigh too much like the 700 or 1000.
Rumor has it that the engine will come from the Forza 300 which uses a conventional CVT transmission as far as I can tell. The Forza's weight is around 400lbs so I'm guessing the X-ADV will be pretty close to that.
With that being said, quite honestly I think I would rather have the Forza because I like it's features and looks. Not sure if it'll make it State side though.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.