image sizing

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

modsquad

image sizing

Post by modsquad »

How do you go about resizing images. I've changing the setting on my camera but still no go. Every time I try to post a picture it say's it is to large.
I love the smell of 2 stroke oil in the morning
johnk

Post by johnk »

To post on Modern Buddy, photos have to be no more than 800x800 and 200 KB. But it's best to keep your camera set to taking higher-quality images and adjusting the images on your computer.

On a Mac, you can open any photo in Preview and select Tools > Adjust Size. If you set the largest dimension (width or height) to 800, it will automatically adjust the other dimension.

Most of the time, this will automatically reduce the size of the image to under 200 KB. If not, then (still in Preview) you can File > Export and adjust the slider until the file size is under 200 KB.
modsquad

image sizing

Post by modsquad »

The KB on Modern Buddy must be no more tan 16KB, how do I do that ?
I love the smell of 2 stroke oil in the morning
PNWbuddy

Post by PNWbuddy »

What I ended up doing is resizing in the windows picture folder to what was termed "best for profile or thumbnails" 0.25mb if I recall. It is one of only three pop up options for resizing.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

There are many free online websites for editing photos including resizing. The one I use is www.pixlr.com
Works really well and can do a lot more than resize.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Or there is image resizer for Windows, a handy little utility that is available as a free download at various on-line sources including the Window store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/image ... verviewtab