going to look at this one tomorrow

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

artfull dodger

going to look at this one tomorrow

Post by artfull dodger »

Wasnt getting warm and fuzzy feelings on the beater LX150 Vespa so we are going to look at this 04 Stella thats not to far from home tomorrow evening. 3500 miles, Gickspeed down in Indy has done some work on her according to the owner of that company. Comes with a windsheld(not installed), rubber floor mat and the rear rack. Only issue is a oil leak from the oil tank. Looks clean and straight otherwise. Mike the Aspie
Silly NT's....I have Asperger's!!!
2003stellaDave

Post by 2003stellaDave »

Take a good look under the floor mats for rust and scratches.
artfull dodger

Post by artfull dodger »

According to Mr Gick of Gickspeed in Indianapolis, that Stella is super clean and in excellent condition. He has been doing the regular maintance on it for the current owner. He said the oil leak on the 2t tank is a minor and easily fixed issue and that the scooter runs excellent. But yes, I plan to check it over very well. I will probably leave the floor mat off if everything looks good under it. I am very anal about how my scooter looks, clean and polished are the buzz words! Hopefully she is sitting in my garage tomorrow night. Mike the Aspie
johnk

Post by johnk »

Good luck!
R1blade75

Post by R1blade75 »

Did you pull the trigger?
artfull dodger

Post by artfull dodger »

Owner didnt get home till late Monday night, had to reschedule for this Saturday evening
artfull dodger

Post by artfull dodger »

My wife and I decided a 2T isnt the best choice for me right now for a couple reasons, one is the noise. Once kitted out to run 55+, the noise isnt going to agree with my autism or the neighbors at 1am when I come home from work. A twist and go, 4 stroke is more what fits me best and to that end, we are buying a 2011 Vespa LXV150 that I found locally. I go to pick it up here in about an hour or so. This one really pushed the budget over the max, but I think its a good investment as I tend to be anal about upkeep, so the Vespa should last me many many years. I am planning to ride her to work tonight. Here are a couple pics to close out this thread. Mike the Aspie
Mr.FixIt

Post by Mr.FixIt »

That's a civilized ride. Very nice choice. How was the first day driving it to work?
Eric
(aka Mr. Fix It)
2003stellaDave

Post by 2003stellaDave »

You should check out this site:

http://modernvespa.com/forum/
artfull dodger

Post by artfull dodger »

She rode great to work, I can just break the 60mph mark(indicaated)on the speedo at WOT. Runs 55 like a dream for a small scooter. Excellent headlight output. The tall windscreen is nice for for keeping bugs and the force of the wind off me. I am a member over at modernvespa. I am going to ride her in the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride in Indianapolis this year(looking for sponsors! Registered under Allan Toney). I am at the age when prostate cancer becomes a concern, and I have dealt with mental issues since I was a child(autistic). I attempted suicide a few times in my teens from being relentlessly bullied in school, which lead to depression and lack of self confidence issues all the way to right now. Just need to find something "Dapper" to wear as neck ties and anything tight around my neck is a "no go" for me. I also want to find someone to repaint my helmet to match the scooter's "espresso" brown color. Now to get my wife back on a scooter and not a heavy MC like she wants but cannot handle by herself. A.D.
johnk

Post by johnk »

Looks great! I'm glad you found something that works for you.