Where can I get a key cut for 2018 Buddy 50cc?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

aspy1889

Where can I get a key cut for 2018 Buddy 50cc?

Post by aspy1889 »

Does anyone know where I can get a copy made of a key? Lowes n Home Depot don’t cut motorcycle or scooter keys. Thanks!
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

When I wanted a second, back-up key, for my Buddy 125 I had to buy a key blank that matched the Buddy key. All the places I checked, including the locksmith, did not have the correct blank to make the key. The scooter store that sold the Buddy scooter did have that blank. I'm sure you can buy the blank online from a scooter outlet. I then took the blank to a locksmith and he cut the key. It is all quite affordable.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Someone posted the link to Buddy blanks for me, I think it was under the "Pink Buddy" thread I started. I took the blank and the scooter key to a ACE Hardware store. Any place should cut it for you but usually wont "warranty" it if you didnt get the key thru them, meaning if the key dont work its not on them. I had 2 blanks just in case. ACE got it right the first time.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

aspy, do you already have the blank, and just looking for someone to cut it? If you already have the blank, try a dedicated locksmith. If you dont have a blank yet, its part # ES55B010000, Long type. If you dont have a blank yet I have an extra key blank. Can drop it in the mail Monday morning if you need one-just PM me a mailing address.
aspy1889

Post by aspy1889 »

Thanks for everyone’s help. I was able to get a blank key from dealer and get locksmith to copy key for great price. Thanks!
afeinstein

Post by afeinstein »

I saw on Amazon:

https://amzn.to/2O9KJ0b

Blanks for $14
tenders

Post by tenders »

$6.36 here...plus a minimum shipping charge. Surely you could use something besides a single key blank. (I’ve ordered from here several times, solid operation.)

http://www.epfguzzi.com/scooterpunks/parts/buddy.html
afeinstein

Post by afeinstein »

Alot of the walmarts have these computer laser key duplicators that are self serve in the front of the stores. They do not use blanks- they cut from a simple square of metal. I guess sort of laser guided CNC. I wonder if this would work on a Buddy key?