Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2T Exhaust Spoon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  

Exhaust Spoon tip?
Good Idea (keeps oily exhaust off wheel and tire)
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Bad Idea (ruins your exhaust geometry)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Mr.FixIt

Stella 2T

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: 2T Exhaust Spoon? Reply with quote

I saw this "exhaust spoon" thing on Youtube by user Stariocek. It looked liked an interesting concept. It looks like a spoon-shaped shield to keep the oily exhaust directed away from the rear wheel and tire. I'm constantly cleaning the rear wheel and rim on my Stella 2T.

Is this a good idea or a bad idea? There is a lot science behind 2 stroke exhaust design. The length of the exhaust and shape is supposed to provide the correct backpressure reflection. By installing a spoon-shaped shield that really doesn't enter the direct exhaust path of flow adversely affect the performance of the exhaust?

I made one out of stainless last night for kicks. I didn't notice any difference on the ride to work this morning. (I'm still in break-in mode, so no WOT and no speeds over 40mph tested.)

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Stanza

Puch Maxi, Honda C70

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not going to affect things as much as you're thinking. Run it, rejoice in a clean rear wheel. As long as it isn't actively obstructing exhaust gasses (aka covering the pipe), you're good.
Houseoffubar

Stella 150 GT200 lots of Chinese scoots

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Exhaust spoon Reply with quote

No joke! I am picking up my first Stella 150 later today, and the tire is sopping wet with oil.
That said, don’t sweat any running change. This should have a completely immeasurable effect on exhaust tuning.
modsquad

2005 stella 2t

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: exhaust spoon Reply with quote

Great, inexpensive, idea for keeping rear wheel and tire free of oil. You all know oil and water don't mix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: