New BMW Scooter Design?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

New BMW Scooter Design?

Post by jrsjr »

Last time I poo-pooed a BMW scooter design as being total vaporware, that exact scoot appeared at dealers, like a week later. :shock: I am still picking the crow feathers out of my teeth from that one, so I won't be saying "Never" again. Meet a new BMW e-scooter design exercise which may or may not appear soon at a dealer near (or far from) you...
Attachments
BMW Scooter from Carota Design
BMW Scooter from Carota Design
BMW e-Scooter.jpg (68.03 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
Syd

Post by Syd »

Never.

I did notice the stand under the rear wheel. Why would BMW need a stand on a design concept?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Mr.FixIt

Post by Mr.FixIt »

I threw up in my mouth a little.
Eric
(aka Mr. Fix It)
Syd

Post by Syd »

I don't know, the Italjet Dragster isn't that much better.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Looks nice but I would prefer a larger storage area below the seat.
- Very appealing, but the covid oil price crash will prevent this one from being offered very soon.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

wheelbender6 wrote:Looks nice but I would prefer a larger storage area below the seat.
- Very appealing, but the covid oil price crash will prevent this one from being offered very soon.
Oil price crash? Why are we still paying $3.50 and up per gallon then?
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

In California, you actually have environmental agencies that enforce the laws. That costs money.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
NorCalRattler

Post by NorCalRattler »

babblefish wrote:
wheelbender6 wrote:Looks nice but I would prefer a larger storage area below the seat.
I love where I grew up here in CA.. still live here too (Sonoma Co.) but between the fire, floods and all the BS we have to deal with, everything too damn expensive for no reason at all.. I’m so close to leaving..
Point37

Post by Point37 »

Syd wrote:I don't know, the Italjet Dragster isn't that much better.
i dig them both but would rather have the italjet
'10 Triumph Bonneville SE (sold), '00 Yamaha TW200 (sold), '08 Husqvarna SM510R (sold), '05 Honda CBR 600RR (sold), '03 Honda CBR 600RR (sold)
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Syd wrote:I don't know, the Italjet Dragster isn't that much better.
The 4T Dragster 125s are 15 hp with the 200 hitting 20 hp at 12.5 ft/lbs. My 200 Dragster 180 kitted to 172 dyno run was 23.5 hp with 19.9 ft/lbs 84 mph.

Now I know one thing, I don't care what it looks like. OK I do, what's going on with the rear suspension? But I bet that thing would rip and I wanna ride it BAD!

Why a jack stand? It's a concept. It's not like they have 150 of them around. It's to roll around to shows, that's what concepts are for.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Actually, for all we know that could be a rendering and not an physical object. Either way, I kinda like it. But wheres the rear rack? I like my scooters to be useful.:)
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

babblefish wrote:Actually, for all we know that could be a rendering and not an physical object. Either way, I kinda like it. But wheres the rear rack? I like my scooters to be useful.:)
Not practical at all, neither is a Dragster but at least they don't try say they are. They better build some. Two wheel drive just to keep it on the ground? I still want to ride one really bad!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL