Where to Buy Fuse

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

runtotorun121

Where to Buy Fuse

Post by runtotorun121 »

Well well well. I haven't been active with this forum probably since sometime around my three 10-year-olds were in my tummy. A couple of years ago I started taking them for little rides around the country roads here on my Buddy 125 after they were big enough to hold on and wear a helmet. :-) I also I'm out of the city now so I've taken him only on some pretty back roads. That being said, my 125 sat under a cover on a board and a pasture for at least four years and was never started. When I decided I was going to start it up I went and purchased a new battery at the local automotive center, plump it in, and guess what? It started right up. :-) Not sure how that happened without a lot of cursing and work to unjunk carburetors and whatever. I did have to replace a cylinder for brake, and I have no idea why I can't get the horn to work, but we rode around the untrafficked back roads without a horn, but plenty of oohs and ahs over creeks and through wooded turns. �

The problem now is that a summer (or two?) ago I let an ex ride around on it and a pasture for a little bit. His first and last ride, but he came back with my fuse and my fuse holder in his pocket. Something about maybe trying a horn so he thought it shorted out the fuse, but when he turned it off the ignition switch with started up again. I think he said he had to do something to the battery to make it start? I'm not even sure if it can be kick-started. All I know is I've got a broken fuse, and it says 10amp 250v, and I'm not sure where to locate one of those. So if anyone can tell me where I can pick one up at that would be great! Keeping in mind I live in a very rural area in Northeastern Oklahoma now and not in Kansas City where I have easy access to lots of options. It seems as though he may have made some effort, though I'm not confident it wasn't minimal effort, to try to find a fuse at the time. But I'm wondering if he was not able to find one in one of the local automotive hardware stores because he came back telling me he couldn't find one and was going to replace it with something that did not seem to be either or right amperage or voltage.

So any suggestions for direction are most welcome, and thank you in advance for your time and reply. :-)

Now I'm sure I will be probably having more follow-up once I try starting it and potentially could have an issue with that. Crossing my fingers. But at the very least I want to try to figure out the horn later. :-)

Kristie
~Celebrate~
Syd

Post by Syd »

Try your local auto parts store.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

"Northeastern Oklahoma" is a pretty broad area, but there's a NAPA in Grove, and one in Miami, and one in Katner, and one in Nowata, and one in Langley.

If NAPA doesn't have that fuse on the shelf (and they probably do) they will get you one within 24 hours.
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

eggsalad wrote:"Northeastern Oklahoma" is a pretty broad area, but there's a NAPA in Grove, and one in Miami, and one in Katner, and one in Nowata, and one in Langley.

If NAPA doesn't have that fuse on the shelf (and they probably do) they will get you one within 24 hours.
Thank you for your direction. I actually live in between Grove, Miami, and Langley. In the middle of nowhere in the country. The ex who allegedly looked for a fuse and couldn't find one worked in Grove so I'm going to go with maybe there was less effort than I anticipated at the time since he said he couldn't find one. LOL I will head that direction! :-)
~Celebrate~
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

Syd wrote:Try your local auto parts store.
Thank you! I wasn't anticipating it was that simple since I thought somebody had tried to find one for me. Of course we have auto parts stores around here so off I go to look. :-) I was wondering whether it was a specialty thing I had to order.
~Celebrate~