Help, I live in a state with no dealer......

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mary Jane

Help, I live in a state with no dealer......

Post by Mary Jane »

I'm dreaming of a scooter, and think the Buddy might be the right one, but I live in the middle of Iowa, where there are no Genuine Scooter dealers. My concern, aside from test driving, is service, and having to drive several hours (OK, 4 or 5) to a dealer. There is a Vespa dealer within 45 miles......

Ideas?

Thanks!
Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane »

Oh my....I was wrong -- I always check the dealer list on the Genuine website, but it had been a little while. There is a dealer in Iowa newly listed.
I'll still take advice, though!
bobcat20

Post by bobcat20 »

the buddy is so much bang for your buck. if you get a vespa, you are getting a lot of tradition and instant cool (simply because it is a vespa) but the buddy, in my opinion, is very much cool and half the cost. You really cant go wrong. The buddy is fun and gets great gas mileage. Just hang around here and see how much people like their buddy's!

and welcome to the group!
"I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve, I have a history of losing my shirt." - BNL
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Since you do have a dealer now, you can get them to deliver the bike to you, you'll needs your temp permit to test drive a bike if the dealer even lets you. Usually dealers will deliver around 1 hour from the dealer for free, otherwise they will charge you a small fee for anything further.
Mary Jane

Iowa, once a state with no dealers.....now there are three!!

Post by Mary Jane »

Just in case any other Iowans are lurking out there, the Genuine site now lists three -- count em, three dealers in this state.

One is only 45 - 50 miles from me.

jfrost2, I got my permit Wednesday and a jacket on Thursday. Thanks to all for advice!!

Mary Jane
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

You know what that means? Time to buy the bike! :D
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

jfrost2 wrote:You know what that means? Time to buy the bike! :D

exactly :)
Mary Jane

You're right!

Post by Mary Jane »

Jfrost2 and corsair, you're both exactly right......I haven't contacted the closest dealer yet, but will soon. Hopefully they'll have some scoots in stock before much longer.

Thanks to this forum for so much information! I'm sure I'll have more and more questions during this process.................':D'
Very Happy

MJ :wink:
twharton

Post by twharton »

1) buy the Buddy

2)buy a Vespa

3) vintage Lambretta? or Trumph Bonneville?

(you can wait a year or two between steps or not) :P
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I think my next bike after my buddy would be another buddy, maybe 150cc if they ever make solid color 150's, or whenever genuine starts importing 250cc auto LML bikes.