Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

unlucky saint patty's day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
maribell

2009 Stella-Orange

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: unlucky saint patty's day Reply with quote

I dropped my scooter for the first time today. Sad I was rolling it up a handicapped entrance to a sidewalk downtown to park over next two a Vino and an Elite. I left the engine running (BIG MISTAKE) as I was rolling. I throttled it just a little to get it up the slope and before I knew it I was running after it, hands glued to the handles, too afraid to let go and grab a brake. It skidded about two feet. Sad It fell to the right, so everything on that side is a little scratched up as well as my right foot. My top case got the worst of it as it is very scratched and the lock broke into a million pieces, some of which I couldn't find.

Also this weekend when I was attempting to change the oil for the first time since I got the buddy, I stripped the oil drain plug. I am going to swing past the Genuine dealer tomorrow and see if they can help me fix it.

It has not been the best few days for the buddy.
bobcat20

2006 Buddy 50

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about that, but glad that you are ok.
twharton

2006 Orange Buddy 125 (Piped & Pimped) / 2005 PX-150, Red, Sito+, UNI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a little character at no extra charge. Proves you're not a poseur. Seriously I know how upsetting it is but it's just stuff and you are o.k. SCORE! Laughing Crying or Very sad
Kurzer

Stealth 125

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm Confused not sure on the pink, but as long as it's got a paint code and it's not a layered job, you can repair it fairly easily with the coded paint, preferably in a spray can.

Clean and degrease the area. Start far away with a well shaken spray can and dust the area... many light coats are much better for your sanity than a few heavy ones.

After 2 or 3 coats of dusting, let it dry and then use wet sanding paper, 1000 grid or more. Lubricate with lots and lots of warm water. Dry the area and repeat these steps until you have a nice solid covering of the color, then do the same thing a few times with clear.

Once you're all finished, don't forget to clean, wax and polish the work so it's protected.

The pink might be a bit of a hastle, I've used cans of Krylon before with the steps above and people who've seen the results swear it was a professional job, they were shocked when I told them it was a rattle can job. So take it slow abd be carefull, you'll do fine Very Happy

polianarchy

'14 Stellamatic & '06 Buddy 125 & '78 Vespa P200E

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your dealer might have the paint that matches the pink Buddy in stock. They sell it in nail polish-type bottles.
ModBud #442
maribell

2009 Stella-Orange

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the sound advice. I tend to do things hastily and wind up making big mistakes at times.

I am trying to find a new top case, as I have grown extremely accustomed to having one for storage of schoolbooks, ect. Any one have one they want to part with? Wink Scooterworks told me they will no long be carrying them period. Sigh
Corsair

Sunset Buddy 125

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so sorry to hear about the damage but glad that it's now just a story to tell and you're not hurt Smile Good news is that the panels for the Buddy are very affordable and extremely easy to replace! So when you're at your dealer just have them order the damaged panels from scooterworks for you.

Everyone has their own little mistakes they've made. Keep on riding

Better Days
Very Happy

Sharon

Vespa LX150; Buddy 125 Italia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing last summer. Tried veering left going up a handicap ramp. I went down, broke an elbow but scooter ok. I was more embarrassed than anything. Glad you are ok
Liz C

2007 Italia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, Maribell I am sorry for your accident. Glad you are okay. -Liz
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maribell wrote:
I am trying to find a new top case...

Maribell, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you're all right. About the topcase, have you thought about a Givi topcase? Motorsports Scooters has the black Givi E350 on clearance for $125. It's not pink but it's nicely made. Just a thought...

Anyway, glad you're okay. Bee careful out there.
ericalm
Site Admin

STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your fall, but glad you're okay.

If you can find or order the exterior panels, it may not be worth painting. They're fairly cheap, though I don't know what kind of stock is left in pink.

maribell

2009 Stella-Orange

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually had major problems finding the pink. Scooterworks says they will not stock it anymore...Sad

I figured out the type of lock used in the top case... it's called a cam lock... i am going to see if i an change it out myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: