What's the deal on roadside assistance?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

FLMINI1048

What's the deal on roadside assistance?

Post by FLMINI1048 »

I like the Genuine scooters but the nearest dealer is about 2 hours away. How good is the roadside assistance that comes with the new bikes for a year? Particularly, I'm interested in the towing aspect of it. For example, when it's time to do the 600 mile service, can I just unplug the battery, call road assistance, and have them tow the bike two hours away to the dealer? or is there a limit on towing costs?

There's no info on the web and this actually matters to me. Thanks!!!
Have a great day!

Mike
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

They'll tow 50 miles to anywhere, after that, they charge ya!
FLMINI1048

Post by FLMINI1048 »

Ouch! That's ain't gonna work...really no point to having it if you don't live in a town with a dealer. Hmm.....really going to need to give this some thought....I really want the Rattler 110 but driving a MINI, towing it up there isn't an option.
Have a great day!

Mike
shark

Post by shark »

Another thing I have run into..... No tow companys in your area that participate in the Roadside plan. I also have roadside on my Progressive motorcycle insurance. No one in my town accepts it. I have to submit for refunds.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Rent a uhaul or rent-a-car pick up truck, buy some 20 dollar heavy duty straps and strap the buddy in for a ride.

Renting a truck for a day will cost around 30 dollars. Just make sure the front suspension is down when you strap the bike in, that's all you need for it to stay still and safe in a long trip.