NSR...what I do for fun (besides scooters)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Keys

NSR...what I do for fun (besides scooters)

Post by Keys »

My idea of a good time...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

thats friggin awesome...
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

What? No scooter toss!
DarbyWalters

Post by DarbyWalters »

It is the guy CATCHING all that stuff that is impressive!!!
Founder of www.LOSTKJs.com ... Jeep Liberty Forum

Lambretta UNO 150cc 4 Stroke...Hope I can still hang around here!

GY6B...4 Valve Head, 26mm carb, Oil Cooler, High Compression head...all Stock...64mpg Top End.
Keys

Post by Keys »

DarbyWalters wrote:It is the guy CATCHING all that stuff that is impressive!!!
Without a DOUBT! He was approximately the size of a small continent.

--Keys 8)
Christy

Post by Christy »

keys is all kinds of strong!
EPSP #76
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

:wha:

:shock:

dude you have one helluva life... I can only imagine the stuff that could be read if you were blogging 10+ years ago
Keys

Post by Keys »

Corsair wrote:dude you have one helluva life...
Complacency is an insidious disease to which I choose not to succumb.

--Keys 8)
Syd

Post by Syd »

Nice legs.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
kazoo

Re: NSR...what I do for fun (besides scooters)

Post by kazoo »

Did you ever think about just giving them a phone call? :lol:

Keys wrote:My idea of a good time...

--Keys 8)
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

I thought this was a what do YOU do thread, my bad didn't mean to thread jack I read the title wrong
Last edited by ScooterTrash on Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarbyWalters

Post by DarbyWalters »

We need a Hobbies-Picture Thread
Founder of www.LOSTKJs.com ... Jeep Liberty Forum

Lambretta UNO 150cc 4 Stroke...Hope I can still hang around here!

GY6B...4 Valve Head, 26mm carb, Oil Cooler, High Compression head...all Stock...64mpg Top End.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

KEYS ... yes a fellow scottsmen
my other past times are .
video games xbox360 ps3 etc
and i take my 1984 Hurst/Olds to car showsImage
and learning to play the electric guitar
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

Since I don't have a photo of my Alfas on the track, here's me in the Mazda last Fall.
Attachments
B- 115.jpg
B- 115.jpg (82.05 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
ERik3tb

Post by ERik3tb »

And here I thought back country hiking in Yellowstone made for an interesting past time.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I like candlelit dinners and long walks in the park.

O, wait...wrong forum!
ModBud #442
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

The fleet.

Also trying to keep up with a couple of small dogs.

I watch a lot of TV. It's lame.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

nathan - is that first guy a schnauzer? where'd you find those goggles for him? what a great picture. i looked into doggie helmets and it turns out they cost as much as a person helmet. so my pups' scootering days ended before they began.
NathanielSalzman

nathanIEL - is that first guy a schnauzer? where'd you find those goggles for him? what a great picture. i looked into doggie helmets and it turns out they cost as much as a person helmet. so my pups' scootering days ended before they began.
Yup, he's Henry the Miniature Schnauzer. I always leave him shaggy rather than the dumb breed cut the groomers all want to give him. He's so much more handsome that way. Those goggles are actually safety glasses from Restoration Hardware. I just stuck them on him for the photo. They wouldn't stay on long in actual use. I hear ya on doggy safety gear. Don't bother looking for pet crates you can mount on your bike either, some are $400+
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

i leave my miniature schnauzers shaggy too. the one time we did the schnauzer cut they shaved off all the hair on the back of their legs and their bums. they looked like they were wearing assless chaps! it was bad. well Henry certainly is a good looking fellow, as is your beagle! (the beagles that live next door, incidentally, are my guys' worst enemies. all hell breaks loose if both sets of dogs are let out into the backyards at the same time. that baying can raise the dead)
NathanielSalzman

madtolive wrote:i leave my miniature schnauzers shaggy too. the one time we did the schnauzer cut they shaved off all the hair on the back of their legs and their bums. they looked like they were wearing assless chaps! it was bad. well Henry certainly is a good looking fellow, as is your beagle! (the beagles that live next door, incidentally, are my guys' worst enemies. all hell breaks loose if both sets of dogs are let out into the backyards at the same time. that baying can raise the dead)
Oh I believe it! It's been a chore training Henry's little sister to shut the hell up. Ha! We've been pretty successful though. She doesn't howl or bay unless something startles her. I groom Henry most times, but I do shave his arse. Now I just need to teach him to walk backwards! I'll trim up his face a bit just so that he's got more distinct mustache/beard and eyebrows and to get the hair on his snout out of his eyes. Other than that I love his curly nature. Are yours salt-pepper?
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

Winston is salt and pepper and his brother Worsley is all black. I like to howl with them when all three of us are excited, like when my boyfriend and I get home from work or after we've been playing hide and go seek. The neighbors must think we're crazy. When Winston (who is the better howler of the two, Worsley mostly just cries) was a wee pup he would try to imitate the beagles next door. Thankfully he grew out of it, but it was hilarious. I've had all sorts of pets before, hamsters, a guinea pig, chickens, a rabbit, cats, a turtle, and a ferret (not all at the same time, of course) and I loved them all dearly, but our pups are just an absolute riot. Makes a long stressful day at the office disappear when I hear their happy little howls. :D
Last edited by madtolive on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NathanielSalzman

Oh yeah, dogs are just the best. Ours chase each other and wrassle almost from the moment they're uncrated until the moment they're put to bed. My wife and I would much rather have dogs than kids!
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

ours do too, or carry their bones around and chew on them forever. winston usually tires of his bone pretty soon, then puts his chin on the couch and stares at us until we cave and put him up there with us. all Winston ever wants to do is cuddle. and eat snails. puppies are the best.
NathanielSalzman

Oh that's funny! Henry does the chin-on-the-couch thing too. They're both very interested in chewing, but mostly in chewing whatever the other one has. I guess the bone is always brighter in the other dog's mouth.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

oh, don't i know it. worsley is a lot smaller than winston, but he's always after winston's stuff. when we come home with new toys, worsley will grab his, trot off to the bedroom to hide it under the bed, then trot back and take winston's away. and if it's our stuff that they get our paws and chompers on, it's ALWAYS something that belongs to me, and not my boyfriend. :?
NathanielSalzman

How old are yours? Henry is a year and a half and I can totally trust him now to only be chewing on dog stuff. So maybe you've got that to look forward to. Lucy on the other hand...
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

they just turned a year old. they've gotten better about it, havent ruined a pair of expensive heels in a couple of months. i was hoping it was something they'd grow out of, for a bit i wasn't sure they would. and it's funny to find them too, because when it's my stuff they're chewing on, they always share! i'll come into the room and they'll be chomping on a shoe, one at either end, grabbing it with their little paws. can't stay mad for long tho. :sigh:
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

i have a greyhound named henry :D
ysofisonly50?

Post by ysofisonly50? »

what i do for fun, other than scooters - is to hijack threads and carry on a lengthy private conversation in it which can easily be done using email. :idea: :P Jowk.
(I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning)
seriously, what i do for fun is I play & swim with my Aussie Sheltie on Waikiki beach when the cops are away having their doughnuts & coffee. 8)
Wiggins

Post by Wiggins »

I hike, shoot, play with my dog, but mostly I kayak.

Kyle
Attachments
P1010827.JPG
P1010827.JPG (51.67 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
P1010548.JPG
P1010548.JPG (31.72 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
P7151584.JPG
P7151584.JPG (76.57 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
P1010213.JPG
P1010213.JPG (51.64 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
Parkerl

Post by Parkerl »

Wiggins wrote:I hike, shoot, play with my dog, but mostly I kayak.

Kyle
Thats sick i have always wanted to go kayaking!
redcass

Post by redcass »

Wiggins wrote:I hike, shoot, play with my dog, but mostly I kayak.

Kyle
Very very cool. I'm giving myself three years to start kayaking. I canoe, but that's soooo different.
RedCass
redcass

Post by redcass »

I hike, travel, and dance. This was in Germany:

RedCass
RedCass
Apiarist

Post by Apiarist »

i read stories people like to tell about their dogs. it can be very soothing actually.
the animals i choose to care for are in hives in a farmer's field outside of town. i have 3 beehives now and getting 3 more next week. the eternal buzz that comes with honey.
otherwise i play guitar (sometimes in public - i am a recovering rockstar wannabe), play runescape, and work a day job in software development.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Redcass, you got the whole exotic-sword-wielding-dance-thing down! Stunning!

I've got a pug (surprise!) and a French Bulldog (rescue). They're just incredible! Kachoo (pug) does the "chin" thing as well--my theory is that she has no chin to speak of and is constantly laying her head on things in order to "claim" them as her chin! Either that or she never wants to let her chin touch the ground--it must always be supported--because it's so special.... :lol:

Oh, yeah. I play a lot of war games, card games and design game stuff for me and my geeky friends. Knee injuries (all on my left knee) forced me off the soccer field this season after 30-odd years of fun so I'm trying to figure out what to do instead. (The pug seems to think I should walk her now, so I guess I'll go do that)....