WKRP in Cincinatti

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

GaryEPSP

WKRP in Cincinatti

Post by GaryEPSP »

There were 200+ scoots at this rally and it was a great time. Great turnout for the Buddy, even saw a Blur. If you've never been to a rally, you should try one. Tons of fun. :D
Attachments
Can you find the Buddy?  This was on the river ferry crossing over to Kentucky.
Can you find the Buddy? This was on the river ferry crossing over to Kentucky.
buddy 3.JPG (78.42 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
buddy 2.JPG
buddy 2.JPG (90.49 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
buddy 1.JPG
buddy 1.JPG (102.83 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I wish we had some of those around here... :( (rallies that is)
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

It's surprising how many rallies there are across the country. Check out www.scoot.net for the calendar of meets.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

:? I think I need to move.
BuddyLove

Post by BuddyLove »

Krusty, you could always gather some others and start your own. Or travel to one. They are tons of fun!! You could get ideas from all sorts of people who have been to them before.
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

The big ride on Sunday was quite fun. Buddies were definitely well represented along with several Stellas (3 with sidecars). Here's toddrw2251 and me. We were at the end of the row. The other 200+ scoots are to the right. Photos are just now being added to scoot.net. Good times!
Attachments
IMG_4509.jpg
IMG_4509.jpg (120.4 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

I heard from several people that the ride was the best they've ever experienced. I agree. 8)
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

WKRP was a blast this year.
I looked for you Gary but must have missed you (which would have been easy considering the turnout) or I could just be a retard and only think I've met you.

I've found a mess of pictures on Flickr already by searching "WKRP".

GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

Lagerhead wrote:WKRP was a blast this year.
I looked for you Gary but must have missed you (which would have been easy considering the turnout) or I could just be a retard and only think I've met you.

I've found a mess of pictures on Flickr already by searching "WKRP".

Great picture at Turfway! I may have met you, too. I know I had an 'open bar' session at the Comet for about an hour. (anyone who said hi got a free beer) I did see a Big Ruckus at the rally, was that yours?
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

GaryEPSP wrote: I did see a Big Ruckus at the rally, was that yours?
If it was a silver Big Ruckus it was me. (there was a yellow one there as well)
If you saw a guy on a black Buddy, in an orange vest, blocking intersections and smoking cigarettes, that was not me. But it was my Buddy (both).

I really didn't spend too much time at the Comet, I was thinking I met you at SAQ#9. http://scoot.net/gallery/pic.html?pic=235961 but of course I could be mistaken. (it won't be the first time, this hour.)

My pictures are Here
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

Lagerhead wrote:
GaryEPSP wrote: I did see a Big Ruckus at the rally, was that yours?
If it was a silver Big Ruckus it was me. (there was a yellow one there as well)
If you saw a guy on a black Buddy, in an orange vest, blocking intersections and smoking cigarettes, that was not me. But it was my Buddy (both).

I really didn't spend too much time at the Comet, I was thinking I met you at SAQ#9. http://scoot.net/gallery/pic.html?pic=235961 but of course I could be mistaken. (it won't be the first time, this hour.)

My pictures are Here
Wow, you have a memory on you! That's my wife on the Juice Met and me on the Salsa. Our first rally and we rode our Metropolitans. Thanks for the memories!
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

Awesome weekend. I couldn't believe the number and types of bikes that showed up. I love the black Jack Daniels Stella. I might have to do the ride again this weekend minus the 234 other scooterists. It's hard to block traffic on a one person ride.

My Pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/russellmania/
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

How do people get their bikes to these rallies? Do they ride them state wide and stay in hotels, or do they drive a truck/trailer and bring the scooter to the rally? I'd think you'd need a couple of days to ride and stay in hotels before reaching a rally.

I live in Englewood which is an hour to an hour and a half from cinci, I wouldnt want to ride my scooter that far!

Someone, have englewood/dayton rally plz :)
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

Most of the people from Cbus, Lexington, Louisville all rode up/down to Cincinnati on their scoots. Some bikes were trailered in from farther away places.
aerogirl7

Post by aerogirl7 »

Ooh ooh...the second pic is of me!! The rally was definately amazing. I especially enjoyed the ferry ride across the river. :D
At midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper. ~Roman Holiday
aerogirl7

Post by aerogirl7 »

jfrost2 wrote:How do people get their bikes to these rallies? Do they ride them state wide and stay in hotels, or do they drive a truck/trailer and bring the scooter to the rally? I'd think you'd need a couple of days to ride and stay in hotels before reaching a rally.

I live in Englewood which is an hour to an hour and a half from cinci, I wouldnt want to ride my scooter that far!
I have a Tilt-A-Rack hooked up to the back of my van (you need a class 3 hitch installed if you don't already have one) that I tote my scooter around on. The model I have can take up to 400 lbs and is very convienent as it tilts down the the ground with an extendable ramp for loading. Then all you need are a few tie downs. I believe someone has posted lots of info about trailers and such in another thread.
At midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper. ~Roman Holiday
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

I rode it. Baby, it was cold, there and back. Cold on the trip there, and cold and rain on the way back. Still fun. :shock:
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

toddrw2251 wrote:Awesome weekend. I couldn't believe the number and types of bikes that showed up. I love the black Jack Daniels Stella. I might have to do the ride again this weekend minus the 234 other scooterists. It's hard to block traffic on a one person ride.

My Pics:

Nice shots. Fun to see everyone else's photos. I thought the JD Stella was well done, too. If you're thinking about going out riding this weekend, let me know when. I might have some time and would love to join you.

Gary - I'll bet it was freezing with the rain on Sunday. Way to go!
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

SteMer wrote:
toddrw2251 wrote:Awesome weekend. I couldn't believe the number and types of bikes that showed up. I love the black Jack Daniels Stella. I might have to do the ride again this weekend minus the 234 other scooterists. It's hard to block traffic on a one person ride.

My Pics:

Nice shots. Fun to see everyone else's photos. I thought the JD Stella was well done, too. If you're thinking about going out riding this weekend, let me know when. I might have some time and would love to join you.

Gary - I'll bet it was freezing with the rain on Sunday. Way to go!
Yeah, it was cold and wet all the way back to C-bus. Took us four hours with stops for fuel and lunch. Hard to describe the ride, it was truly miserable but sadistically enjoyable. :shock: