The obligatory first ride post

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Apiarist

The obligatory first ride post

Post by Apiarist »

Oh man, it was so cool. Picked up my Pamplona today, mah first scoot. I just kept going. Went on roads in areas of town I have never been on with no concern that I might get lost. Just movin'. Then inexplicably I found myself in a familiar area, eventually got back to my neighborhood, and just kept going. If I didn't have plans this evening I'd still be out there. Good thing I didn't keep going. I'd probably run her out of gas.
If you are thinking of getting one, do not walk, RUN! Or better yet get a friend to ride/drive you down to the dealer. You will thank me. Trust me.

It was so cool, it was so cool, it was so cool,... ad infinitum
Damn I'm glad I got it today in between rain showers. Sunday (when the dealer is closed) will be sunnier and Monday afternoon is just too long to wait. Am I rambling yet? Did I happen to mention how cool it was? I did? Good.

Why are you still reading this? Go riding or get one to ride. That's all you need to do.

edit --
oh i forgot to mention. at some point during my virgin ride i noticed a scooter coming in my direction on the other side of the road. as it got closer i realized it was another pamplona. his passenger waved and we beeped at each other as we passed. is it me, or could i see the smiles under their ff helmets?
Last edited by Apiarist on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parkerl

Post by Parkerl »

Congrats i know its way fun!!!! i just got my Pamplona a few weeks ago.... i put the stage two kit on it yesterday and everyone at my local dealer couldnt get over how good it looked and sounded. Every sales man there wanted to ride it and they said it was the fasts buddy they have ever ridden! i would strongly suggest put the Prima exhaust kit on yours!
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

great post. Buddies are definitely a blast to ride

I've only been riding mine for four months- does the fun wear off???
twharton

Post by twharton »

It was so cool, it was so cool, it was so cool,... ad infinitum
We all understand and are happy for you and for ourselves too. :wink:
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"