Why do you scoot?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

madtolive

Why do you scoot?

Post by madtolive »

My boyfriend swears up and down that I won't be able to get him to ride anywhere on my scooter with me. And after I pushed the subject, he finally asked the question, "Why do you even want a scooter?". I've been living my happy little life without one thus far, why get one now?

I know my reasons, and I told him. But I want to extend the question to you all. Why do you scoot? The economics? The "freedom" of the ride? The community? The bomb-ass parking? Or the plain and simple fun of it?

Just curious. :idea:
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

You pretty much nailed it on the head. If he keeps saying he won't just tell him he is insecure :lol:
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I originally wanted a scooter because I just plain like the way they look. I've always ridden my bicycle around and it is lots of fun, but I don't like riding it to work because then I'm tired before I even start working, plus when I get off, all I want to do is sit down. It gets very hot here, so riding a bicycle is definitely a seasonal thing...

The reason I actually BOUGHT a scooter was because it is a practical form of cheap transportation that will eventually pay for itself in gas savings alone!!! It is also a blast to ride & I find myself doing a lot more exploring around town, seeing new places I've never seen (and I've lived here my whole life)! I don't have to worry about not being able to go to the beach because I won't have enough gas to get to school this week, stuff like that.

Plus you meet lots of cool people, which is something I didn't even think about till after I was driving it around and folks started asking about it... All things considered, having a scooter makes me happy. Even happier than I already was (which was pretty darn happy)!!! :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, your BF prolly just doesn't want to ride cupcake...
If you let him drive, there's no turning back! He'll be hooked.
Eddy Merckx

Post by Eddy Merckx »

Because its way cool, on top of that the 90 mpg thing is ... well 2000 miles for about one hundred bucks ish worth of gas can't be beat.... as well its something only people with a real sense of self will do, in this country any way, you have to be one of those people who is content in themselves and does not need to be like everyone else to feel that they belong, I guess in America scootering screams out anti establishment sentiment, its different its just cool. JMO of course.

I hope your old man gets over the anti scooter bias and will ride with you someday... tell him I said to relax and as they say "just do it"
"Social graces, got any"
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

All of the above ! :D

I would add the solitude and quiteness. Even when I am in traffic, I just feel like I am in my own world, like a hawk watching over all the yahoos out there.

And then you get on the twisties and you sort off develop this relationship with your machine. Like a couple dancing where 2 become 1. You get some S turns combined and it is like a waltz, you throw the scoot on a turn, feel it carving and hanging in there, you eye the next turn and the scoot just reacts to your thoughts, lifts up, eyes the apex and down it goes for another carving . . . it is just poetry in motion ! 8)

Then again, my wife is like, whatever! :shock:
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
jmazza

Re: Why do you scoot?

Post by jmazza »

madtolive wrote: Why do you scoot? The economics? The "freedom" of the ride? The community? The bomb-ass parking? Or the plain and simple fun of it?
Yup. Uh huh. Yeah. Oh that too. And yes.

Also because it's a fairly unique and individualistic thing to do- at least down here. I hate going with the crowd.
:lol:
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

ha! that's what i keep telling him, ladies! no, actually, his beef with this situation is that i'm taking an unwarranted risk by commuting on scooter. i can't say he's wrong, one is significantly more vulnerable on two wheels, even completely geared out. but i can't say that i feel that commuting via cage isnt just as big of a risk. he is of the belief that scootering equals unnecessarily taking my life into my own hands. but i can't (and won't) live my life wearing a helmet, hiding under a bed, sucking my thumb, and waiting for the meteor/nuclear fallout/killer tsunami/zombie attack/swarm of killer bees/herd of rabid badgers that will likely take us all out one day.

your responses are all quite beautiful, and make me even more excited to get on with the scoots!
Last edited by madtolive on Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

So you know about the rabid badgers too, eh? 8)
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

the one i most worry about is the zombie attack. no joke. zombies scare the holy hell out of me. :shock:
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

To save the enviroment!

No not really.

I scoot because when I was 9 years old I saw some old cartoon where some character rode a scooter which highly resembled a vespa vbb/vbc. I didnt know what a scooter what at that age, but one day when I was 10 or 11, those razor scooters kids roll around on in the neighborhood, I was searching those online, and I came across, motorscooters....then from there, vespas!

And it reminded me of that old cartoon, and from that day on I said I would get a scooter no matter how much they cost (luckily the buddy is cheap!)

Still dont feel like I'm living the dream fully, but I slowly am. The more I ride, the happier I feel, the more places I go on it, one step closer I feel. Really I fell inlove with the px150 back then, it was the most retro modern bike. And now I love the design of the stella, but the buddy I liked too. Maybe someday I will get a stella, or if genuine imports those 200cc or 250cc LML's
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

madtolive wrote:the one i most worry about is the zombie attack. no joke. zombies scare the holy hell out of me. :shock:
as they should.

Two wheels is definitely more dangerous, no question about it. But you can do your best to mitigate the risks by not only gear but learning to be a great rider.

And yes, it's pretty damn dangerous in a car too. Lots of people who get on 2-wheelers about safety often don't think about that. The main difference though is that in most of today's cars if you get in a wreck you will be ok. On two wheels, if you get in a wreck you're getting hurt. The question is to what degree.

And I'm not a lady. 8)
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

Badgers! We don't need no stinkin badgers!
rajron

Post by rajron »

I was all set to get a motorcycle, when my wife purchased a scooter and asked that I get one as well, so we could ride together. It has been fun so far and I love my Buddy, but my eyes still wonder over to the motorcycles.
Being from an area where Harley’s and jumbo trucks rule, I find myself sometimes embarrassed when I park my scooter in the motorcycle parking lot at work; that’s the way guys are.
During the winter I drive a small car and save a little money. During good weather I ride my scooter and save huge amounts of money and it keeps the mileage down in the car.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Lots of cruiser bikes and harley riders where I live, especially next to me in my neighborhood.

Ever since I got my buddy, this guy like to leave out his big noisy harley and show it off on his side walk every day. A bit embarrassing to ride past his house on the way home, but I dont care, he likes his ride, I like mine, I'm happy!

Theres stupid kids riding crotch rocket 250's here who ask me to "race" them to 40mph from a stop light, I dont even try, and I blow him in the dust, the kid's too inexperienced to even ride a motorcycle, he forgot to shift into first gear to even start off....

I damaged his pride :D
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

the triumph bonneville makes me salivate. maybe one day...
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

The one thing that stuck out for us, is they are not threatening. People smile and wave to you when we ride by. Women of all ages seem to love my wife's Pink Buddy. Let your man drive it for awhile and I think he will come around.
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

simple answer: because I wanted one. (seriously)

justifications: Fun, fuel, economics, fuel, a great feeling I can't put into words, fuel, lower insurance cost, fuel... umm yeah I'm feeling pretty justified in my purchase ;)
ScooterGuyRick

Post by ScooterGuyRick »

[quote="I want to extend the question to you all. Why do you scoot? The economics? The "freedom" of the ride? The community? The bomb-ass parking? Or the plain and simple fun of it?

Just curious. :idea:[/quote]

I got my scooter to cut down on my commute time. I was so nice to get to work in 10 minutes rather than my usual hour-long commute involving two, maybe three bus changes.

Having a scooter gives me much more freedom than owning a car. It's handy to have, especially in SF where I live. Parking is a lot easier and I would sometimes go for almost two weeks on one tank of gas.

I do have some concerns about owning a scooter. My main one is visibility, especially in rush hour. People just don't pay enough attention to motorcycles and scooters sometimes. Be careful parking between cars, also. I've seen a few scooters on their sides because cars have backed into them.

I hope this input is helpful to you. Best wishes with whatever you decide to do.
maribell

Post by maribell »

Scooting is so liberating. Now, when I am in my car I feel very closed in. The car isn't fast enough, doesn't handle well enough and is too stinkin' big.

Once you get your scoot, drive up Lamar from MLK to 29th street. Go about 5-10 miles over the speed limit. That is my most favorite ride... so far. I need to go exlpore Lakeway...

It saves me big $$$ commuting to school everyday. I was spending over a Benjamen on gas every month. It's nice to do something good for the environment without getting off my ass.

My man doesn't have a problem with the scooter, although I can't convince him to ride it around the block. I think it will be love at first throttle. He occasionally talks about getting a Honda Rebel and I think he is a little jealous that I got to two wheels first. If I meet him somewhere on the scooter, he'll follow me home in his car to make sure I am alright.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I joy ride in my neighborhood and around town even if I dont have anywhere to do that day, I just love riding and enjoying the feeling. I dont care if I'm burning gas, I get 80-90+ mpg!
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

madtolive wrote:the triumph bonneville makes me salivate. maybe one day...
Yessss, Bonneville.... I love it as well.

As far as safety is concerned, ask your insurance agent which two-wheeled vehicle is safest. No one know actuaries better than your insurance agent.

Your insurance rates should end any arguments in your house. 8)
Christy

Post by Christy »

madtolive wrote:the one i most worry about is the zombie attack. no joke. zombies scare the holy hell out of me. :shock:
i totally just had a zombie discussion in my local scooter forum last week. They were filling my head with crazy ideas about zombies that made me alter my "Zombie Escape Plan". Luckily someone with zombie knowledge came along and straightened them all out and I was able to revert back to my original Zombie Escape Plan. no worries.

do you have a plan?!?!
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

Christy wrote:
i totally just had a zombie discussion in my local scooter forum last week. They were filling my head with crazy ideas about zombies that made me alter my "Zombie Escape Plan". Luckily someone with zombie knowledge came along and straightened them all out and I was able to revert back to my original Zombie Escape Plan. no worries.

do you have a plan?!?!
This is so easy. Play dead. If you can't play dead, Smell dead.
GaryEPSP

Post by GaryEPSP »

My mother worked a part-time job working a concession stand at a drive-in. On her first night she took my sister and I and left us alone in the car while she worked. I was ten, my sister, nine. The movie was, [iThe Night of the Living Dead.[/i] It was also a night where one of the worst lightning storms in the area struck our area. Those that know me; need I say more?
Buddy_wannabe

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

madtolive wrote:---------- Why do you scoot? ............
Kind of like asking "Why do you breath?" .... :D ....seriously it is just plain fun/cool . I have only had mine for about 9 months and still think it is about the coolest thing I have bought. I dont get much crap from the guys at work except for about riding it in colder weather. I figure if the roads are clear and it is 15-20 or warmer Im riding..... and yes it does beat my truck for milage
I wasn't born... so much as I fell out . : The Clash
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I just got mine Tuesday
I started looking at them because I was looking to replace my 79 Fiat Spider that I sold last summer - this seemed like a lot of fun
3 or 4 guys my age (40) have harley's in my neighborhood of 100 houses -
I assume the guys are overcompensating for something... so I figured I didnt want to do what the rest of the guys were doing -
(FYI - the harley guys have since seen my little 50cc & thought it was cool - so I guess I was wrong about them)
It is a blast! - This week I have gotten more looks & waves then I did in my Fiat & I am pretty sure it is the only scooter in my town (of 10,000 people)
Its fun to have fun while being a little "out of the box"
Last edited by ScootLemont on Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brimstone

Post by brimstone »

because chicks dig a guy on a scoot. or that's what they tell me and then giggle and walk away, what's up with that?
DarbyWalters

Post by DarbyWalters »

To catch a woman like you whos boyfriend won't scoot with her...LOL.

I have had much bigger bikes before and am an avid cyclist...but the "scooter" fill a niche like no other:

Easy to load up on a hitch carrier and take with you on a trip...

Increases my city mileage combination of my Jeep Liberty CRD (21 mpg) and Lambretta UNO 150 (72 mpg) to a respectable 27+ combined city mpg. That puts the combo in the same league as a Ford Escape Hybrids 27mpg city and my Jeep Liberty CRD (Common Rail Diesel) gets ~28-30mpg highway...

Perfect for short trips around the city since I live in "Uptown San Antonio" which is just north of Downtown...

I enjoy the groups rides we have in our area with AlamoScoots and TexasRoadRats...

The price of a scooter in general makes it the best "Bang for the Buck" in my mind for sensible secondary transportation...

The FUN FACTOR which is different and the same for everyone...
Founder of www.LOSTKJs.com ... Jeep Liberty Forum

Lambretta UNO 150cc 4 Stroke...Hope I can still hang around here!

GY6B...4 Valve Head, 26mm carb, Oil Cooler, High Compression head...all Stock...64mpg Top End.
kuruku

Post by kuruku »

I've had my Buddy for a little over a week now and I'm still figuring out all the reasons why I scoot ;)

So far its a blast to ride, something that I haven't felt in a long while (I used to enjoying driving no matter the conditions. Lately it has felt old and cold). I really don't want to ride a motorcycle but wanted the same degree of freedom that one gets on a 2 wheeler. Besides, there teh sexy ;)

I'm sure there are quite a few things I will find out in the coming months that will add to that list, but for now its just plain fun. Something that I've needed for awhile.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

madtolive, you're definitely right about the risks and dangers involved. Honestly, it's a very hard thing to explain or justify to people who don't scoot. I had the same difficulty with my wife, who strongly opposed my getting a scooter (she now has a pink Buddy, ha). For me, it came down to this: it gives me massive amounts of pleasure. It makes me happy, enough so that I am willing to endure the risks and that, after careful consideration, I continued scooting even after a fairly serious crash last year.

It's weird, but I think we've gotten to a point in our culture where doing something purely for enjoyment is somehow bad or cause for guilt. Sure, there are other benefits, but none of that is why I started in the first place. At a certain point, I just knew I had to have one. I waited about 15 years before I actually did it. But I've never regretted it. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Just remember, the mroe time passes, the more scooters are sold, the more scooterist, the more scooters on the road. The less cars.

If you have an accident, it may not be as fatal as it would be with a car hitting you. You'd still probably break an arm/leg or rib though.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

GaryEPSP wrote:My mother worked a part-time job working a concession stand at a drive-in. On her first night she took my sister and I and left us alone in the car while she worked. I was ten, my sister, nine. The movie was, [iThe Night of the Living Dead.[/i] It was also a night where one of the worst lightning storms in the area struck our area. Those that know me; need I say more?
christ almighty, that sounds utterly traumatizing! night of the living dead was my first zombie movie too, i was just a kid, maybe 7 or 8 years old, and begged my parents to let me go with my older sister and her friend to go see the "scary movie." :shock: not even the nightmare on elm street movies scrambled my brains like night of the living dead.

christy- my escape plans have gone from a solid plan, to plain apprehension since moving in with my better half. there are huge windows throughout his house, there isn't a room in that place we'd be safe in. this worries me and makes me reconsider our relationship. ha, just playing. sorta.

maribell- i second you on exploring lakeway. have you heard about the Jesus Loves Winners lady scooter gang? we should give them a ring, they sound like a riot.
it's weird, but I think we've gotten to a point in our culture where doing something purely for enjoyment is somehow bad or cause for guilt.
human nature to feel guilty about doing things that feel good? lets start a gang called the scooter libertines....
To catch a woman like you whos boyfriend won't scoot with her...LOL.
hehe. :oops:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

jfrost2 wrote:Just remember, the mroe time passes, the more scooters are sold, the more scooterist, the more scooters on the road. The less cars.

If you have an accident, it may not be as fatal as it would be with a car hitting you. You'd still probably break an arm/leg or rib though.
Sure, but until over 50% of the vehicles on the road are scooters and motorcycles the odds of getting hit by a car or truck are still greater. (Even then, once you take into account visibility and other factors, I'm sure you'd still be more likely to get hit by a cager.) There's also the fact that many scooter crashes, even fatal ones, don't involve another vehicle at all. Hit a patch of oil, sand, or slick asphalt while navigating a curve in a scooter and you could be toast. In a car, even if you spin out of control, you're still better-protected for the most part.

The solution: Ban cars.

The not-totally-impossible solution: smaller, better, more sensible and smarter cars with better drivers.

Short term interim solution: Responsible and safe scootering.

Ride like you're invisible. Ride because you love it. Ride despite the fact that your loved ones may not really get it. Sad to say, not everyone's cut out for scootering.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Maybe there should be a MSF type class for people who are wanting a drivers license of any age for the first time. Same for a motorcycle/scooter. People who take these classes ride smarter and have avoided dangerous situations because of the tricks they teach you in the MSF, There may be a drop in accidents if everyone took safety classes. Who knows?

But I do agree, there will always be the accidents where you just cant stop it, oil spills, gravel, flat tire.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

ericalm wrote:
The solution: Ban cars.

The not-totally-impossible solution: smaller, better, more sensible and smarter cars with better drivers.

Short term interim solution: Responsible and safe scootering.

Ride like you're invisible. Ride because you love it. Ride despite the fact that your loved ones may not really get it. Sad to say, not everyone's cut out for scootering.
Great great points about safety and probably should be in the new member FAQ!
ERik3tb

Post by ERik3tb »

Then stay away from Haiti. Been there not as a tourist.

But back onto the original topic.

I want to get out and away doing something different then a car. My best friend was killed while on his Goldwing and at his funeral, his mother made me promise to never ride a motorcycle.

But I want to so much that I went looking for alternatives. The wife calls it my mid-midlife crisis since I'm not even 40 yet. There are so many Harleys here that I wanted something that would turn heads and make folk say, "What was that!?!?!"

And so I learned about scooters. The wife agreed only because, I'm signed up for the MSF and I'm getting a full face helmet.
Apiarist

Post by Apiarist »

i bought a 4x4 pickup a couple years ago so i could move my beehives to farmer's fields. but i only do that twice a year anyway. the rest of the time i commute to work. in a 4x4? 18 mpg? yes, i know. a total waste. i was thinking a second car, one that was more fuel efficient, but at least 10 of the 12 months here are scooterable, so why not go for the most economical, most fuel saving option?
be careful though. now that i own a scoot i find excuses not to do errands that necessitate 4 wheels.
as for zombies, have no fear. we only eat the ripest brains. you needn't worry. yet.
as for swarms of killer bees, they are already at home in GA, FL, LA, and yes, even TX.
showtime2100

Post by showtime2100 »

I started scooting b/c I have an old hoopty and got tired putting so much money into it and having it break down on me again. I also love the mpg. My hoopty got about 10 mpg. HUGE Difference!! Now that I have it...I love the ride...I love to just joy ride. The thrill draws me more than other
RIDIN HIGH!!!
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

i started scooting cuz i was the kid that had the dare i say it moped(yamaha qt-50,honda urban express deluxe 50) when the 80s scooter seen hit all my friends had the spree and the razz and the elite 50 i had the darn slow moped :oops: that and what i spend for 2 weeks of driving in my truck i get 2 months of riding on my blur. that and at 36 i finaly got that damn scooter!!!!!!! :D
voodoosix

Post by voodoosix »

i scoot because of my 1st scooter experience......

i bought a new Yammy Jog in H.S. (because i couldnt afford a car then!) and had an absolute blast on that thing. i soon moved on to MCs but never recaptured the fun factor of the scoot.

went through more MCs than i can count on both hands and eventually came back full circle to scoots- for good. i sold my car last year and dont miss it (wife still has hers though), i ride rain or shine...everyday.

i tease the Harley guys at work, asking them when the weather will be nice enough for the hardcore bikers to start riding. :wink:

'08 Tomos Nitro
250koala

Post by 250koala »

I scoot because I got tired of looking at the back of DH's helmet. I'm serious. We rode a tandem bicycle for awhile. Dh got his 250Honda and so now I'm still seeing the back of his helmet, but we are going further and faster. I have over 1100 miles on the BACK of that bike in one weekend to Durango, Co. He got a Honda 750 a few years ago with a cushy Corbin seat. I got the same view of his helmet. I spent 2 years haunting our scooter shop and the Honda dealer when I finally found a bike I could stand over. I scoot because the Buddy125 is low enough for me to reach the ground.

I scoot because horses kinda freak me out.

I scoot because I'm too lazy to ride my bike.

I scoot because if I'm riding around aimlessly, it's cheaper than doing it in the car.
Sharon

Post by Sharon »

Mostly, I love the freedom. It's MY time...very theraputic and just plain FUN!
redcass

Post by redcass »

Buddy_wannabe wrote:Kind of like asking "Why do you breath?" .... :D ....seriously it is just plain fun/cool.
I really really resonate with this. I remember the first time I was rolling down the street, pushing 50 on the speedo, and I just felt so...free. I remember realizing I'm not wearing a seatbelt I'm not strapped in, I'm not caged within anything! The whole world just is...right there, right at my fingertips. Bugs occasionally plunk into my face shield or bounce off my chest. And the wind whips at my sleeves and makes ridiculous knots in my hair. I just love it.

And every once in a while I'm a little more lax with the brakes going into a turn, and I have to lean a little harder, and my heart starts jumping. What a rush! (But don't get me wrong, I'm a conservative 2-wheeler. I had one of the highest road scores at MSF, but got points off for going into the big curve too slowly.)

I wanted to get a scooter b/c of the environmental impact and b/c they seemed cool. I still ride for those reaons, but the MAIN reason is the freedom and the rush.

RedCass
RedCass
Pita1963

Post by Pita1963 »

I worry more about the Pod People - always weirded me out.....

I Scoot, therefore I am.....

Robb

:nerd:
The answer is : 42
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

I always wanted a Scooter Of My Very Own, ever since I was very very young and had a neighbor who rode a kandy-kolored Honda Spree in the early 80s. It's pretty and shiny and awesome and powerful and fun and light and seriously economical. All of that, and an online forum, too? Too cool!
ModBud #442
MarsR

Post by MarsR »

I had a chance to play on some wave runners a couple of years ago and had a blast running around on the water. When gas prices started going through the roof I decided to look at scooters to cut my commute expence (I was driving a Chevy Astro to work every day.) Then I realized a scooter was a lot the same as the wave runners. Woohoo!! Extremely easy to ride, no clutch, just a throttle. My life hasn't been the same since!
MaxPotter

Post by MaxPotter »

jfrost2 wrote:Lots of cruiser bikes and harley riders where I live, especially next to me in my neighborhood.

Ever since I got my buddy, this guy like to leave out his big noisy harley and show it off on his side walk every day.
The other day I was leaving work, standing by my red scooter, putting on my gear. A guy on a huge red Harley pulled up and parked next to me.

As he was getting off the hog, I looked at it, then I looked at my scooter, then I pointed at the Harley,and I asked him, "If I water it, do you think it will grow into that?"

First, he looked at me like I had three heads. Then he burst out laughing, came over and hugged me, patted my shoulder and told me to remember to keep the rubber side down. It was very sweet.

Zombies don't bother me, so much. Hoards of killer rats. They freak me out.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

MaxPotter wrote:
First, he looked at me like I had three heads. Then he burst out laughing, came over and hugged me, patted my shoulder and told me to remember to keep the rubber side down. It was very sweet.
aww, who says big bad smelly harley dudes can't be endearing?

one of my msf instructors was a harley type, and he did one of the demos on a pastel orange lance vintage. he revved it and drove by us all, gave us his meanest face and yelled out "scoooooooters!!!" godamn, it doesn't translate well on the internets, but it was hilarious. i loved it.
MaxPotter

Post by MaxPotter »

one of my msf instructors was a harley type, and he did one of the demos on a pastel orange lance vintage. he revved it and drove by us all, gave us his meanest face and yelled out "scoooooooters!!!"
:rofl:

Sometimes I sing "Bad to the Bone" while I'm riding my scooter.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

MaxPotter wrote:As he was getting off the hog, I looked at it, then I looked at my scooter, then I pointed at the Harley,and I asked him, "If I water it, do you think it will grow into that?"

Cute story, the Harley guys at the shop always say "keep the shiny side up!"
It's kinda like saying "hope you don't wreck" ...but in a nice way. :wink: